Has anyone done this? What were the costs and process? X

4 replies

Latest activity by Nicola, 22 of June of 2022 at 16:45
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

How long is a piece of string?

That's not meant to be a flippant response! It's just that it depends so much on the style of dress, the fabric & embellishments selected and the seamstress you book (and also the area you live in)

Your best bet is to approach a couple of local seamstresses and ask questions - it would help if you have a vague idea of the kind of dress you are looking for first.

• Nicola
    Beginner October 2022 North Yorkshire
    Nicola ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I am having mine made, I found Emma Dee on Etsy, and I have been sent swatches, then she sent me a design and I have to send in my measurements next month (apparently around 3-4 weeks to make and dispatch).

I love that my dress is mine, that it is supporting a small business and it will fit ME, not the high street size - important as a plus size lady!

• Kayleigh
    Rockstar October 2023 Bristol
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Did you find it a lot more expensive than store bought?
  • Nicola
    Beginner October 2022 North Yorkshire
    Nicola ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not at all, I am paying £750 - this reflects that I will need a seamstress locally for any alterations, but if I send correct measurements then they should be minimal!

I tried a dress on, that just did not fit my proportions, so the length of my body vs leg length, and it was £1300 and would have needed a LOT of alterations.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics