Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Having ER resized and recoated.. Any idea of price?

21 May, 2013 at 10:28 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi girls Smiley smile my white gold engagement ring is 3 n a half years old now, and the poor thing is a bit scratched and generally looks a bit 'worn'. Have any of you had yours replated? How much was it? I've been quoted £32 by H Samuels but it doesn't include the resizing (I've only lost a bit of weight and it already looks in danger of sliding off my finger!). Any help is gratefully received!

5 replies

Latest activity by hannah9000, 21 May, 2013 at 19:02
  • *Teabag*
    Beginner June 2013
    *Teabag* ·
    • Hide content

I am using my Grandma's wedding ring as my wedding ring. It was originally yellow gold but I have had it plated with a thick rhodium coating and it's been re-sized and that cost £65. I would think that £32 for the replating sounds reasonable - can they do the re-sizing as well? Hope that this helps!

• Sparkly Momma
    Beginner November 2013
    Sparkly Momma ·
    • Hide content

I paid £40 at a local independant jewellers for redipping and taking down 3 sizes.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I work for H Samuels and they can do re-sizing and the rhodium plating at the same time. I can't remember costs exactly (I only work there at weekends and don't get many) but to get both done you're probably looking at a maximum of £60.

• H
    Beginner June 2013
    hannah9000 ·
    • Hide content

I paid £42 for rhodium plating and resizing. Got it back Sunday all shiny! From H Samuel.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics