Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Hawaii honeymoon

13 of February of 2014 at 19:42 Posted on Planning 0 19

Hey

has anyone else had a honeymoon or holiday to Hawaii, or maybe planning on going.

Have you got any advice on where to stay.

I'm also wondering about costs of flights/hotels.

We're just starting to look for our honeymoon for is June.

Thanks.

19 replies

Latest activity by lisaloulou, 4 of April of 2014 at 10:10
  • C
    Beginner
    cw2b ·
    • Hide content

Good choice of destination! Are you stopping anywhere else or just Hawaii?

We are doing a multi-stop tour and having 6 nights on Oahu. We were thinking about going to another 1 or 2 islands for 2-3 nights each but thought it wouldn't be enough time on each island, so basing ourselves in Oahu.

We will do day trip to Big Island and maybe 2 or 3 organised excursions around Oahu. Will spend the other days just staying around local area, walk Diamond Head and find the shopping mall ?

Hotels in Hawaii in general I think are expensive and some have service charges but as we spend very little time in the hotel on holiday apart from sleeping we do go for the cheaper hotels (as long as they are clean I'm happy!) In terms of cost, I can't remember the breakdown of hotels and flights but I was pleasantly surprised with the total cost of the honeymoon. I think most of the hotels are in Wakiki which is the most touristy area. If you are hiring a car (we aren't, I don't like the thought of OH driving!) you could stay north of the island which I would assume is less touristy.

I would recommend you book through trailfinders if there is one local to you. Although nobody we spoke to had been to Hawaii they were still helpful and knowledgeable about the other stops on our trip and didn't mind our endless phone calls!

• C
    Beginner
    cw2b ·
    • Hide content

Good choice of destination! Are you stopping anywhere else or just Hawaii?

We are doing a multi-stop tour and having 6 nights on Oahu. We were thinking about going to another 1 or 2 islands for 2-3 nights each but thought it wouldn't be enough time on each island, so basing ourselves in Oahu.

We will do day trip to Big Island and maybe 2 or 3 organised excursions around Oahu. Will spend the other days just staying around local area, walk Diamond Head and find the shopping mall ?

Hotels in Hawaii in general I think are expensive and some have service charges but as we spend very little time in the hotel on holiday apart from sleeping we do go for the cheaper hotels (as long as they are clean I'm happy!) In terms of cost, I can't remember the breakdown of hotels and flights but I was pleasantly surprised with the total cost of the honeymoon. I think most of the hotels are in Wakiki which is the most touristy area. If you are hiring a car (we aren't, I don't like the thought of OH driving!) you could stay north of the island which I would assume is less touristy.

I would recommend you book through trailfinders if there is one local to you. Although nobody we spoke to had been to Hawaii they were still helpful and knowledgeable about the other stops on our trip and didn't mind our endless phone calls!

• W
    Beginner August 2014
    weddingvirgin ·
    • Hide content

We just booked our honeymoon to Hawaii :-) So excited!! Honeymoon planning is so much more enjoyable than wedding planning!

I got quotes from Flight Centre and Trailfinders and found Flight Centre a bit more willing to work within our budget. However its probably all down to which individual travel agent you end up with!

We are staying on the Big Island for 9 nights (on two different locations as its pretty big!) then heading to Maui for 5 nights. We are also stopping off in LA on the way back and staying with friends. We didn't want a big fancy resort as there as so much to do in Hawaii that I doubt we will be in the hotel all that much. We ended up going for condo type acccom which was a lot cheaper than hotels and also means we have our own kitchen so can save a bit of money that way.

All in all for car hire, flights and accom we are paying about £4000.

I would recommend doing a bit of research about which island you want to stay on. Each has their own attractions!

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

My favourite place in the world!!!

We did Miami, Florida Keys, Oahu, Big Island, NY - we stayed 5 nights on each of the two islands. I have a an email that I've sent a few hitchers in the past with details of things we did on each island - if you'd like me to forward it my email is ****@***********.**.**

Not cheap (our honeymoon cost just under what our whole wedding cost) but memories for a lifetime and so many different things to see there.

I'm jealous!

Beginner March 2015
    *CrazyCatLady* ·
    • Hide content

Hawaii has always been my dream honeymoon destination and I've been really disappointed how no brochures seem to have any information at all! I was starting to think that maybe it wasn't really a popular honeymoon place but glad to see other people have been/are planning on going Smiley smile I'll definitely look into some of the websites mentioned Smiley smile

• rachd03
    Beginner May 2014
    rachd03 ·
    • Hide content

We are going to Waikiki Beach for ours staying at the Hyatt Regency for a week.

We never realised initially that you can't really fly straight there so we are doing 3 days in Vegas first and a week in LA after Hawaii. We initialyl wanted 2 weeks in Hawaii but it was too expensive so this way meant we could still do Hawaii but it bought the cost down.

We booked with Virgin during one of their sale weekends and Im a member of their flying club (which is free) which gave us an extra 7% off so got a really good price.

Definately worth looking into a multi centre trip as Hawaii is quite far from the west side of America

I cant wait for our honeymoon and to disappear with OH for 2 and a half weeks x

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

Aaah, I'm extremely jealous! We Would love to go to Hawaii one day! Maybe when our daughter is older....

My friend did Canada and Hawaii, a week in each and it was brilliant.

We went to Barbados for our honeymoon, where we got engaged which was amazing. First time we visited we spent one week in Miami and the next in Barbados...lovely! Definitely hoping to go to Hawaii some day though....

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

We looked into hawaii but couldnt seem to find any all inclusive hotels which is what we want for our honeymoon. I wasvery disapointed.

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

I've replied so let me know if it doesn't come through x

• M
    Beginner May 2015
    missgeebee ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we're also thinking of Hawaii for ten days but with a stop at San Fran or maybe LA for a couple of days.

Are you booking it all yourself or going through a travel agents?

We're went into one shop for some quotes but were told they couldn't at that time because not all the flights had been released yet? Hoping for a call in the next couple of weeks... we're not going to end of May next year though.

Thanks

• M
    Beginner May 2015
    missgeebee ·
    • Hide content

Thanks - Yeah i think it's a year, i think Virgin relaese theres earlie, but not lookes at then yet, hopefully we will get a call soon to talk about their prices, they did give us a brochure and was about £1500 pp for the multistop, but not sure if that was this year or last years prices, so assume it will be more again.

Have you found it easy to book yourselves?

• T
    Savvy July 2015
    Tishab90 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all!

Me and OH are planning on going hawaii too next july. We are maybe going to postpone to september tho dependant on difference in prices.

I cant wait to go...and again we are planning on doing a multicentre trip.....Ideally I would love to do new york, hawaii and vegas but no idea if we could afford this.

anybody ever done this?

AHhh it exciting

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

Hi Tish

Just replied to your email about Hawaii. I didn't say but we also did The Florida Key/Miami and New York as part of our honeymoon with Hawaii in the middle (3 weeks altogether). The amount of flights and car hire made it a very expensive option (nearly as much as our wedding) but we had an amazing time. Hawaii was definitely the best part though.

My thinking is that New York and Vegas are doable for one week holidays or even a few days but Hawaii is a long way away so if you plan to have children Hawaii probably wouldn't be possible for many years whereas NY and Vegas could be "fitted in" - does that make any sense?! I guess what I'm trying to say is don't sacrifice part of a Hawaii honeymoon to fit in other places.

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics