Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

colldel1981
Beginner August 2012

Hawaii & Las Vegas Honeymoon

colldel1981, 7 September, 2011 at 15:53 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi,

Right where Do I start? My dreams of having my Maldives Honeymoon have been ruined!☹️

My OH Wants to be in charge of organising the trip now, I feel slighty gutted as I had my heart set on Maldives,

He wants to Go Hawaii for 11 nights and Las Vegas for 3 nights.

Have any of you booked this trip or have been?

Please help!!

I really want to stay somewhere that has the honeymoon feel and I don’t know if this is it!

Any suggestions or ideas would be fantastic,

Thank you all xx

11 replies

Latest activity by MrsLove, 7 September, 2011 at 20:20
  • Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Cant help with Hawaii but we are going to Las Vegas then Mexico

The best places for honeymooners in Vegas would prb be - the bellagio, the venetian (where we're staying) the Wynn or the four seasons. Tho to be honest, theyre all amazing! x

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

Hawaii would be idyllic and great for a honeymoon. My BFF went there last year, do you want to know anything in particular?

• colldel1981
    Beginner August 2012
    colldel1981 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just dont know where to start looking? where to stay? etc...

Its totally thrown me!!

Thanks xxxxx

• colldel1981
    Beginner August 2012
    colldel1981 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Annie,

Will have a lookie now! x

• Nenas
    Beginner March 2012
    Nenas ·
    • Hide content

We're going to Hawaii for 10 days (then NY for 3), and are staying on Oahu (Honolulu, Waikiki Pearl Harbour etc) and then going over to Maui for a week for a beach front condo. Maui is a lot less built up (and in theory more idyllic??) than some of the other Hawaiian islands, so that's what made it for us.

We also didn't have much of an idea, but booked through Travel Counsellors (with Louise Webster), and she was very helpful offering suggestions of places to stay and finding cheap flights etc (she could sort out the Vegas part for you as well). They are brilliant and I've had nothing but excellent service from them from the beginning..definately wrth enquiring with them.

• colldel1981
    Beginner August 2012
    colldel1981 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ooOH Thanks for your Email,

Would you mind me asking you would much that cost?

xxx

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

We are honeymooning in Vegas, we are staying at the Bellagio.

We booked through expedia on the advice of a friend that has been there 4 times

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we did exactly this for our honeymoon, and it couldn't have felt more special and "honeymoony" It was more £ though than some others we thought of, like maldives and mexico, as there is no all inclusive in Hawaii and it costs to stay somewhere nice. Totally worth it though and it was the trip of a life time!

We did:

6 nights in Oahu - Waikiki, stayed at the Hawaiin Hilton Village

7 nights in Maui - Mariott ocean club at ka'anapali beach

4 nights in Vegas - staying at The Mirage

It was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! Very special, and my H emailed the hotels before to let them know we were honeymooning and we got free room upgrades in the hilton and the mirage! The only hotel I wouldn't rec is the mirage - it was gorgeous don't get me wrong, but a bit 'young' for us (I'm only 30 BTW!) But in hindsight I think we would have preferred Ceasars Palace, or the Venetian, or similar.

Feel free to PM me if you want any more info. I would definitely recommend it, it was our perfect trip and I couldn't have wished for a better start to married life! I still think about it now, 12 months on!

ETA We ended up booking it all separately - we visited some travel agents but they were quite fixed in what they could offer us - e.g. choice of hotels, flights and even when they quoted what they could do, it was still cheaper to do it separately. We flew with BA to LA and booked separate internal flights to and from Hawaii with US Airways (I think, could have been American Airlines actually!) And BA gave us a free upgrade to business class on our way out - we couldn't believe our luck, it was so special!

• Chidders
    Beginner June 2012
    Chidders ·
    • Hide content

Trailfinders do this exact honeymoon, have a look on their website.

IMO, this sounds like an amazing honeymoon, but I am biased as hoping to be off to the WEst coast of USA!

• Nenas
    Beginner March 2012
    Nenas ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

sure Smiley smile We essentially booked it all seperately, so no package. Our flights (in total = London/Honolulu, Honolulu/Maui, Maui/Honolulu, Honolulu/NY, NY/London) cost us about £1350 each, although we could have got this for about £100 cheaper because we dragged our feet and didn't book straight away, so these fares went, but had we been organised it would have been about 1250 each. Our accommodation I can't really comment on because we went fairly low budget ($100 per night in NY and Honolulu, $160 per night for our condo), and while we're perfectly happy with this, I know others may like a little more luxury.

She also sorted out car hire etc for us, so all in all its costing us about £4k, not including spending money - that's pretty much flights, car and accommodation for two weeks.

Obv your flight cost may differ depending what time of year/how far in advance you book and what times you're willing to go for, but we looked around and couldn't find any cheaper than she offered us Smiley smile

Hope this helps!

• M
    Beginner August 2011
    MrsLove ·
    • Hide content

Can't help with Hawaii but we have recently returned from our honeymoon which consisted of Vegas and California - Vegas was AMAZING!!! We stayed at The Venetian and it was gorgeous, they upgraded us slightly and everyone was really nice although don't expect a personal touch in Vegas as there are just soooo many people there....we found California much more personal but it was much quieter. We visited the Wynn and The Bellagio and I was sick after eating there (may just be a coincidence?!) but I would personally stay in The Venetian or The Wynn, there are both stunning!!!?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics