Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

HD brows and brow/eyelash tinting *update with flashes*

1 of September of 2014 at 12:44 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 13

I'm thinking of getting this done as well as a dermologica facial (thank for those who recommended it) as a treat for starting a course soon. I used to use my mum's leftover hair dye to dye my eyebrows but I don't think that is the best idea! I have blonde eyebrows and even if I wear no other makeup, I always fill them so it would be nice to not have to do that.

Is it worth the money and how long does it last? I'm also in two minds about getting my eyelashes done as well. Is getting an eyelash tint risky and are the results any good?

13 replies

Latest activity by Cat In A Teacup, 6 of September of 2014 at 23:12
  • *RMD*
    Beginner April 2015
    *RMD* ·
    • Hide content

I get my eyelashes tinted and permed, i love it! lasts about 4 weeks but really does make a difference to me!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

My eyelashes are so short and stubby that they cannot be permed. It's a sorry state of affairs. I really want lash extensions, but I'm worried about my watery eyes runing them. I've had discussions with people on WP about it, and I think I'll still give it a try before Christmas. Thankfully my long fringe completely covers my brows, as they are an over-plucked mess.

• cinnamon009
    Beginner December 2014
    cinnamon009 ·
    • Hide content

I've had my lashes tinted and permed a few times before holidays. The tinting only really makes a difference if your lashes are fair and/or you don't wear much makeup. My lashes are odd as they are fine and longish but really fair on the tips. So the tint was great for a holiday as even without mascara my fine lashes stood out. As I wear lots of mascara normally it wasn't worth tinting them outside of holidays. The perm was ok and lifted the lashes but the last one curled a bit too far so I had curly lashes - not just curled at the base but curled back towards the root. Afro lashes. It looked a bit odd till it grew out so I haven't had it done again.

The people who have had HD brows have raved about them but my brows are really dark for some reason (darker than my normal hair colour) so I haven't felt the need. It does grow out fairly quickly though so it wouldn't be too bad if you didn't like them.

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

You should see my brows at the moment, OH has hidden the tweazers as I've been instructed to grow them properly so they can be properly reshaped for the wedding! Friend of mine does threading, she's v good at it, she recommended not to bother with HD as it's nothing more than a re-shape and a tint, which can wash off in a couple of days. She said best to let her reshape for me and then just get MUA to fill in n the day.

My mother (who is not good at having 'things done') had eye lash extensions the other day as a trial for the wedding and she loves them, she said she's going to have the longer ones put on before we go away!

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mine are darker too. I think it's weird? They are blackish brown and my hair is just brown. It does annoy me a bit as they are noticeably different to my fringe.

i don't know what HD brows are but all I can picture is Katie Price and her severe brows

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

I've had HD brows done, they are well worth the money, I was sceptical at first, but the difference was amazing (I grew my eyeborws out for a few months before hadn though)

Heres the original thread on them that I posted there are before and after pics on there

https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/p/437271/3560635.aspx#3560635

not the best picutres but you get the idea, in the second picture they are still a bit red from the threading / plucking. I was meant to go back after 6 weeks, but didnt get chance, so i'm booked in again next week and can't wait.

Cant comment on the eyelashes though sorry, I know the place I go to do a deal where you get HD brow and eyelash perm for around £50 (I think!) and it would work out around £70 if you got them separately.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I love having my eyebrows done HD, I don't do it as regular as I would like but I do love the look.

My eyebrows are very dark too so I didn't think a tint would make a difference, but it does. It creates an overall more polished look. Eyebrows frame the face, its well worth doing!

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I love having my eyebrows done HD, I don't do it as regular as I would like but I do love the look.

My eyebrows are very dark too so I didn't think a tint would make a difference, but it does. It creates an overall more polished look. Eyebrows frame the face, its well worth doing!

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

What Rod says on the overall look of tinting - I have dark brows so wasn't convinced it would make much of a difference but it really does. I love getting nd brows and try to fit it in every few months and keep the shape in between. The tinting takes all the little fair hairs you have in between and around the brow and makes them the same colour as the rest so there's less gaps and as rod says they look more polished. I also love the shape of mine since getting them - they were a bit thin before.

• *RMD*
    Beginner April 2015
    *RMD* ·
    • Hide content

Looks good! Such a difference. You might get addicted

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

Looks really good!

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content

They look really good! You have lovely eyes too, what a gorgeous colour!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics