Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner August 2015

Head Table or Sweetheart Table?

Jelly_Tots, 28 August, 2012 at 14:43 Posted on Planning 0 7

I'm having a few problems with deciding on which one to have? My parents are no longer together and they have new partners so if i have my parents on the head table then their partners will be left out on their own at another table. Also don't particularly want OH's parents on the head table. (long story but we all don't get on, OH has only invited them because he feels he has too). Are sweetheart tables popular or will people think that its odd we wont be having a head table?

7 replies

Latest activity by pandorasbox, 28 August, 2012 at 15:43
  • hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content

I noticed Pandora had one at her's and it looked lovely

Read our report here https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/333368.aspx

• Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content

So is a sweetheart table just a table where you and OH sit?

• karenanne229
    Beginner October 2013
    karenanne229 ·
    • Hide content

I love the idea of a sweatheart table. My sister got married in Turkey and this is what they have there. I think it would be nice to have the opportunity to talk etc at the wedding breakfast and people could come up to you if they wanted to. I have a lot of politics with my "head table" too and I'd much rather it just be my and H2B.

If you can do it I say go for it!

• J
    Beginner August 2015
    Jelly_Tots ·
    • Hide content

Yeah Becki a sweatheart table is just for the bride and groom, it would sit in the same place the head table would Smiley smile x

• Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! That is such a good idea Smiley smile x

• charchar
    Beginner October 2012
    charchar ·
    • Hide content

oh i wish i had thought of sweetheart table would save so much hassle
  • ladyworm
    Beginner October 2012
    ladyworm ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we're having a sweetheart table (only just learnt that's what thyer're called!) just so we can have some time with each other, but we'll be close to everyone else and next to a table with the best men, bridesmaid and partners on, and also next to a table with both sets of parents on.

Im worried like you though that people might think its odd and that we're trying to ignore our guests, which is really not the intention, and it's only for the meal anyway! I've never been to a wedding where they haven't had a top table, so can't really imagine how it would look from the guest's side.

I think you should do what you and your OH want to do, it won't be for all that long, and a lot of people on here have said how they appreciated time to talk as a couple during the day.

Good luck!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks hazyclaire!

Yes we really liked having ours, it's just a bit different from the norm and so much easier than trying to figure out a top table seating plan what with OH's dad, his girlf, absent mum, my mum on her own, best man and bridesman having to awkwardly sit at the ends...

It gave our meal a more informal feel, as we had afternoon tea it fitted perfectly. Much easier to keep getting up to mingle without squashing the dress behind rows of chairs! A few other OMs had one and said it worked well so we decided to go for it. If you and your OH fancy it then do it. To be honest we were up and walking about for most of the meal anyway and really only sat together for the speeches and a couple of sarnies! (As you can see, being up at the front didn't put us off our scran!)

One more flash just cos I can!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics