Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner September 2012

headband/tiara help -dress flash

mrs_r_to_b, 21 February, 2012 at 20:54 Posted on Planning 0 8

This is my dress. Have finally decided im having my hair half up half down with a small bouffant, side fringe + curly and im going to have extensions. I really cant decide on what to wear on my head. Im not to keen on full on tiaras on myself as i think they make me look really young, but my mum said she doesnt think a side tiara wouldnt really go with it and shes the only other person who has seen my dress. Can anyone suggest anything please Smiley smile?

8 replies

Latest activity by RebeccaC, 22 February, 2012 at 20:32
  • V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with your mum, a side tiara might not look quite right. How about finding some diamante hair grips? Just a few to catch the light.

Stunning dress!!

• Taylory
    Beginner July 2014
    Taylory ·
    • Hide content

Your dress is lovely but i agree i just dont see a side tiara with that dress. I am having a side tiara myself so do love them but think a real tiara would look lovely with your dress x

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

I don't think there is any reason why a side tiara wouldn't work with your dress. You could wear it the opposite side to the gathered part to balance it out. Also the hair style you described is perfect for a side tiara. Is your dress a mixture of diamante and crystals?

Something like Charleston perhaps

Another idea is more of a hair band style which, again, would look lovely with your hair style. "Ice Princess" could be adapted to incorporate diamantes and Swarovski crystals

Hope that gives you some ideas. My website is www.louloubelle.co.uk and if I can help at all my email is ****@***********.**.**

Lisa

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I don't see why a side tiara wouldn't work, but then I do like a traditional tiara so i think something like this in silver would look lovely

• westlakedesignsbasic
    westlakedesignsbasic ·
    • Hide content

I have a couple that I think would be perfect Smiley smile how about a comb?

• M
    Beginner September 2012
    mrs_r_to_b ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the suggestions! will take a look at your websites Smiley smile

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

If you don't think you suit full of tiaras how about a shaped tiara band. It curves nicely so it doesn't sit too high. I don't suit traditional high tiaras at all as they look ridiculous on me and make me look about 12 however these suit me really well.

I do think a side tiara would work especially with the hip detail gathered to the side on your dress so here are just some designs I've got showing brides wearing them.

Or a double or single band

You can also pick an element and have it designed on a band or comb, just a selection of elements available https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.159736240708935.39924.138437779505448&type=3

Loads new designs in here as well - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.153136698035556.35098.138437779505448&type=3.

Hope that helps and any questions just ask.

Lx

www.lynseysdesigns.co.uk

• Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content

One of my brides had her hair similar to what you are describing and she didn't want a tiara or anything big at all; so she just had these pins.

Her wife also didn't want too much (ironically neither knew what the other was wearing but actually they went for similar items ? ) So she had a little decoration made that she then pinned into the front of her hair.....all made out of the same design as the pins of her wife!!! How lovely?

• RebeccaC
    RebeccaC ·
    • Hide content

Hi Mrs R to b,

Do you like tiaras or would you prefer a comb? When I got married I didn't want a veil so I chose crystal hair pins and had this worked through my hair style.

I have some beautiful hair accessories - tiaras, hair combs and hair pins on my site:

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics