Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Autumnroseee
Dedicated December 2022

Health and Beauty plan

Autumnroseee, 10 of April of 2012 at 17:05 Posted on Planning 0 7

I was reading a Wedding magazine check list of what you need to do before your wedding...

a few months before it said to start your health and beauty plan...

I was just wondering, what health and beauty plans does everyone else have? Smiley smile x

7 replies

Latest activity by Bhargava, 16 of May of 2024 at 05:51
  • N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

Nothing set in stone purely because if I tell myself I can't have something I want it all the more ? but I'm eating more fruit and veg and a little less crap. I'm making sure I take my make up off at night, exfoliating, moisturising etc. I have also just started the 30 day shred by jillian michaels which is ? but I must lose this belly flab! And any extra toning of arms and legs will be a bonus.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Im going to treat myself to some creme de la mer 2 months for the wedding https://www.cremedelamer.co.uk/ its crazy expensive but worth every penny as the best cream i have ever used...You can get samples at most department store counters although last time i tried there was actually a waiting list PMSL

Im also pondering whether to have a facial on the morning of the wedding as staying at our venue and they have a spa but OH thinks its a bad idea encase i have a funny reaction.

• *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content

That's me 3 months to go and I am defo on the health and beauty plan! I am body brushing my thighs like a crazy lady, doing a weekly face pack, bought anti wrinkle cream and eye serum (might be a bit late for that!! ?), am booking a monthly facial for the next 3 months, am taking hair and nail supplements and using Jessica Liquid strength on my crappy nails, I'm also using a hair mask once a week as my hair is quite dry. I've also bought the 30 day shred and will start that in a couple of weeks. Taking it too far, moi?! Lol!

• *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would agree with your OH! Don't risk it. Go for a nice manicure or massage instead!

• M
    Beginner
    MAG2FMC ·
    • Hide content

I am washing my face each morning and night with a gentle, fragrance free cleanser; applying a specific day moisturizer with SPF 15 and a specific night moisturizer; exfoliating once a week with an at-home microdermabrasion kit; steaming once a week; and applying a mud mask once a week.

I am also taking Spironolactone, which was prescribed by my Derm. It is generally given to women who around and after 30 yo start developing hormonal acne (often seen as acne around the jawline). I am also using two anti-acne medications. My skin is generally clear of any spots, but you can never be too careful before a wedding!

I am also trying to drink lots of water to stay hydrated! I am cutting down on alcohol (which also helps greatly with the plan to lose those last few pounds).

Before the wedding I'd like to get a full body scrub, including a back exfoliation. I've heard they're wonderful!

Also trying to grow out my eyebrows so they can be reconstructed properly. After a year of plucking my own to save money, I'm sure I've done some damage there. I plan to go to a proper brow tech before the wedding to get them sorted out.

• psycho_jo
    Beginner August 2012
    psycho_jo ·
    • Hide content

On my mum's suggestion, I am using body butter on my upper arms daily. I have always had 'bobbly' arms (do you know what I mean?!) and it really is working wonders - they feel lovely and much smoother Smiley smile

• D
    New York
    David ·
    • Hide content

Hmm, can someone tell me about supplements? I want to start improving my health and I want to start with this!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics