Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner November 2016

Heart drop top Guest book

cantwaittobemrsb, 20 of January of 2016 at 13:13 Posted on Planning 0 17

Anyone had or having one? Where guests write on a wooden heart and drop it into a frame, which later can be hung up?

I've seen quite a few online, and recommendations? Or if you have made your own, could you please give me some tips/where to source the bits from?

thanks!

17 replies

Latest activity by Slnk2182, 22 of January of 2016 at 22:40
  • S
    Beginner September 2017
    Sorbet ·
    • Hide content

Im not sure about frame but you can buy the hearts on ebay pretty cheap

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wooden-MDF-Hearts-shape-3mm-MDF-Craft-Shape-Tags-Embellishments-Decoration-/111636628241?var=&hash=item19fe0fc311:m:msEhR57eMGrNVEuJFIc34nQ

• Miss-b
    Beginner August 2016
    Miss-b ·
    • Hide content

I REALLY want one of these, as I can have it out and not shut away in the loft or a cupboard like a traditional guest book would be, but I've seen varying ones online.

I am probably going to attempt to make one with the help of my Uncle as he owns a laser cutter for his business and is pretty handy! I'm hoping then that this will keep it a lot cheaper, but will take more of my time.

The only thing I was concerned about was getting the right sort of pen to write on the wood, as I wouldn't want it to bleed but it also needs to be permanent and readable, so I think it would need to be something like a sharpie.

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

I've got one and paid about £28 for it - cheapest I could find. Will try and dig out the website we got it from

• C
    Beginner November 2016
    cantwaittobemrsb ·
    • Hide content

Great - thanks ladies!

Yes, was thinking of trying to do it myself.. buying the hearts from ebay and having OH try to create a slot in a frame but £28 seems a bargain price! If you can find the link that would be fab :-)

• Miss-b
    Beginner August 2016
    Miss-b ·
    • Hide content

Yes I am also keen to see where this came from as £28 sounds like a bargain and would save me loads of time!

• B
    Beginner March 2016
    BuryBride ·
    • Hide content

I got mine on line with spencer brooks designs. It was £35. You can get a pre printed sign too. It's self assembly but we like that as we can personalise it. Came quickly too.

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

Found it! http://www.woodencraftsupplies.co.uk/product-category/dropboxes/

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

This is mine, ive bought it off ebay, i cant find the link at the moment though.

its £35 with 100 hearts although cant comment on the quality as it hasn't arrived yet

• C
    Beginner November 2016
    cantwaittobemrsb ·
    • Hide content

Thanks!

Babblerawk - that seems to be the one on the link from mrslh2b. Could you please let me know what its like?

mrslh2b - which design did you go for and were you pleased with the quality?

Not sure how to work out how many hearts to have, as most people sign books as a couple but the hearts are quite small so they may do one each? not sure if the evening guests will use them etiher.. how did you decide?

• C
    Beginner November 2016
    cantwaittobemrsb ·
    • Hide content

Burybride - just looked at your link, thanks. I like that I can personalise it. Did you find the quality good? x

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

Yep I was really happy with the quality - dont get me wrong it's made out of MDF type wood but it looks the part and for the price I just don't think you can go wrong. We went for about 75 hearts I think and it comes with 2 small stands that you pop on the bottom so that it can stand up. This is ours: Sorry that it's on it's side lol

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

Aww yeah that's the one we ordered.

it looks lovely, cant wait for mine to turn up Smiley smile

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the tip, been looking for an affordable one for ages Smiley smile How long did it take to arrive?

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

I'll be honest it did take a while to arrive and I did have to chase it but the communication from them was good when they responded etc

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

There are so many different types of drop boxes about. I love the heart jigsaw better though Smiley smile

• C
    Beginner
    Cece100 ·
    • Hide content

What pen you use is important. My friend had one at her wedding last year and it looked lovely but they used a sharpie and it did bleed on the wood and at the end of the day is a marker/felt tip pen so is not very fine or elegant. The way the hearts fell into the box was lovely (i thought so) but my friend was annoyed that some had fallen upside down (which is inevitable) but due to the size of the hearts and the thickness of the pens, only guests names could be written on, there was no space for a message which my friend said she wished she had had as opposed to just names. One thing i would say is if you do have one keep an eye on any little children you have attending as they will be fascinated with dropping the hearts in the box and will try to drop more than one. My friend found about 9 hearts with the name 'Archie and 7 with Lilly in her box! haha.

• C
    Beginner November 2016
    cantwaittobemrsb ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Bruce - they look nice

Cece- yes I thought about all those things, will have to ban the kids ha. Although I guess I can empty it all and re-place the hearts to how I would like i.e. removing the silly ones! lol

• S
    Beginner July 2016
    Slnk2182 ·
    • Hide content

We managed to make our own, a large frame for idea for £7 and 100 heats from eBay for about £7 and some other bits. My dad jigsaws a slit across the top in the middle and we have our own, roughly cost less than 20 pounds and being a frame the hearts can be moved about and if not many are filled in I can mix up with blank ones

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics