Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

warlycarly
Beginner September 2012

Heart shaped bouquet?

warlycarly, 6 November, 2011 at 21:13 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a heart shaped bouquet? I really like the idea, and want to try and make it myself (foam roses). TIA.XX

7 replies

Latest activity by robertson2b, 16 November, 2011 at 13:22
  • R
    Beginner August 2011
    robertson2b ·
    • Hide content

Hi - I had a heart shape bouquet, just flashed it in my post titled massive flash!

• warlycarly
    Beginner September 2012
    warlycarly ·
    • Hide content

WOW!! thats amazing!! just what i'm after, where did you get it from? and can I ask how much it cost you?

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content
  • T
    Beginner December 2012
    twibride ·
    • Hide content

Ooooo i like that idea never thought of it may have to steal it ?

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

If you're new to floristry, the easiest way would be to purchase a heart shaped bouquet holder which has the handle already attached and florists' foam in the shape of a heart for you to follow. As they are only available in fresh foam i.e., florists foam meant for fresh flowers rather than artificial, you will need to secure each rose with a hot glue gun for them to stay in place. The holders can be purchased on line or if you get stuck, I can get hold of one for you.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

You can buy the holders as Brenda says, but they are quite expensive so you wouldn't be saving much by doing them yourself. it should be easy to get the shape that you want by practising, get some normal bouquet holders and use one to practice on as the foam will crumble if you take the flowers out too many times. Once you have the right shape you can then carefully transfer them to the bouquet holder you are going to use.

You can buy them here but they vary from £11 -£25 for 2 holders:

http://www.gtfloristsupplies.co.uk/zencart/floral-foam/bridal-wedding-floral-foam/oasisr-lady-heart-bouquet-holder-pack-x-2?zenid=e88748dba5ca2643af5cd1f121acc68f

https://www.britanniadirect.org.uk/acatalog/BridalBasics.html

If you want a heart shape but not exact a teardrop is similar:

• warlycarly
    Beginner September 2012
    warlycarly ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Rainbow and Sherrie, I will have a look online for the holders. I have got a while to go yet, so will just keep playing around with the flowers. xxx

• R
    Beginner August 2011
    robertson2b ·
    • Hide content

Sorry I have taken so long to reply - I dont think I read your post properly, my bouquet was fresh from a florist and I think it cost about £80.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics