Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nikkijj86
Beginner April 2016

Heartbroken

Nikkijj86, 1 of May of 2015 at 21:09 Posted on Planning 0 14

I apologise in advance for bringing down the mood, but needed somewhere to get things out. My grandma sadly passed away in the early hours of Wednesday morning after a difficult and painful cancer battle. We had a very teary conversation shortly before how she wouldn't make my wedding which as her only grand daughter she was most disappointed about & warned my dad that it was my day so I was to get what I wanted! So trying to distract myself I've gone headfirst into planning and just wondered if anyone had any ideas how I can bring loved ones we've lost into the wedding?

14 replies

Latest activity by MrsShep, 2 of May of 2015 at 20:22
  • samidolls
    Beginner September 2015
    samidolls ·
    • Hide content

So sorry to heat this Nikki, at least she is no longer in pain, or suffering at all.

Perhaps you could have a picture board or something with photos of her and you (and other family)

*hugs* Sam xx

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

Sorry for your loss.

Could you put her photo in your bouquet? X

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

You can have photo charms for your bouquet, a photo on the card/gift/cake table, or do you have an item of her jewellery you could wear? I wore my nan's ring on my wedding day.

• ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆
    Beginner August 2014
    ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Really like this idea, sorry for your loss xxx

• teafortwo
    Beginner July 2015
    teafortwo ·
    • Hide content

I'm very sorry to hear your sad news.

We too have lost someone recently and I am having a bouquet charm with their photo in.

• L
    Beginner September 2015
    LoweToBe ·
    • Hide content

We are having a candle lit at the entrance of the church with a message to say about the loved ones that couldn't be there. Also taking a moments silence during the ceremony to remember them xx

• H
    Beginner May 2015
    Heathy2b ·
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry for your loss. My FFIL died recently from cancer, we felt having his photo on display might be too upsetting for people. In rememberance of him we have bought Marie Curie pin badges for favours and will mention him and my mum, who is no longer with us, in the speeches. We are also having some of his favourite songs played at the evening reception because he loved his music and was always singing. I have bought my oh cufflinks with his dads photo on as a wedding gift and i have a bouquet charm with a photo of my mum xx

• rockinred40
    Beginner September 2016
    rockinred40 ·
    • Hide content

Nikkijj86 so sorry to hear about your grandma passing away.

I have found this lady on facebook who does bouquet bridal charms and also buttonhole pins

https://www.facebook.com/bridalmemorycharms?fref=ts

I am going order from this lady as they are the best i've seen and a reasonable price as well

• Nikkijj86
    Beginner April 2016
    Nikkijj86 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much for all your replies, it means a lot. You've given me some lovely ideas. We'd already decided on the cancer research pins as favours as unfortunately we've both lost close family members to cancer previously. But I love the picture board & the bouquet idea. Thanks again

• cez1987
    Beginner October 2015
    cez1987 ·
    • Hide content

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. It's not easy I know. My partner lost his grandad just before Christmas last year and I have got him some cufflinks with his nan and grandad on and we are having a memorial table with photos of family members that we have lost but we know they will be with us in spirit.

• Sambarine
    Beginner May 2015
    Sambarine ·
    • Hide content

So sorry for your loss. We are including our grandparents in subtle ways on the day - h2b's have both passed away and my grandparents can't travel to the wedding.

I am wearing my grandmother's pearls which will be my "something old", and we are using music my grandfather has written during the church ceremony. h2b is wearing a pair of his grandfather's cufflinks, and I am pinning a brooch his grandmother wore daily to my bridal bouquet as my "something borrowed". I like the idea of having things of their's there, as opposed to photos etc.

• traciey2kbabe
    Beginner July 2015
    traciey2kbabe ·
    • Hide content

Oh Hun I'm so sorry for your loss.

I also have relatives who have passed which I would like to try and incorporate into my wedding. I'm having photographs of them in lovely photo frames and these are going to be put either side of my cake table.

• Tigsy87
    Beginner June 2018
    Tigsy87 ·
    • Hide content

What about wearing a locket with her picture in it. I love lockets xx

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

So sorry for your loss. Some lovely ideas here ,x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups