Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsW2b
Beginner May 2008

Hello, Anyone got any slimming world tips?

MrsW2b, 30 of June of 2008 at 16:25 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 11

Hi everyone Ive just been lurking over here from WP as im now married, but can't change my cheesy username for some reason, no matterhow hard I try.

Ive just bought the slimming world pack off ebay and am attempting it as I need to lose some weight to fit back in my work clothes (post honeymoon- lots of eating). I would like to lose a stone. Im normally a healthy eater but have slipped into bad habbits since the wedding and have been having too many snacks and too much wine. I did SW a few years ago and lost weight so thought I would try it again. The only problem is I have to eat dairy and wheat free foods due to allergy/tummy probs so Im stuggling for things I can have. I need to limit fruit too due to my stomach playing up.

Does anyone have any good ideas for meals on red days? I can't have eggs, dairy, wheat and need to limit fruit especially acidic. I really want to stick to this, but my bad habbits of late are making it hard! When I was off work ill for 10mths I hardly drank so my weight kept off easier, but now the honeymoon wine and cocktails is making it very hard to give up. :-(

If anyone has any good tips or meal ideas Id appreciate your advice on things like evening meals etc that aren't dear and don't have the above in them. I need a kick up the bum. Thanks

11 replies

Latest activity by Faruk, 20 of March of 2022 at 12:28
  • GMT
    Beginner December 2008
    GMT ·
    • Hide content

I do lots of of straightforward meat and veg dishes, because then Mr GMT can partake too. It's easy to do to and there are loads of veggies around at the moment.

• MrsW2b
    Beginner May 2008
    MrsW2b ·
    • Hide content

Thanks. I just struggle as buying so much meat can get expensive. I can't eat things like eggs or dairy etc so it makes it difficult. I end up eating lots of chicken and fish. I found last time I tried it the green days didn't make me lose as much weight so I tend to just do red. Which do you find work the best? Do you alternate daily or weekly? Thanks

• barongreenback
    Beginner September 2004
    barongreenback ·
    • Hide content

As your diet is fairly restrictive, have you thought about another plan instead? If you don't want to calorie count, would WW work for you?

• MrsW2b
    Beginner May 2008
    MrsW2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I haven't tried WW although I know my Mum tried it in the past and found SW to be the first diet to get her to shift the weight (3 stone in 6 mths) and I found that I lost weight easier on it. Im finding it hard already though given my diet restrictions as you say. Also Ive got into bad habbits when I used to drink only at weekends, now I end up having the odd drink in the week. Im trying my hardest not to this week for my clothes sake! Its hard as alcohol is so many syns on SW and I like to drink the whole bottle (or more). Trouble is walking back from work today with my trousers practically cutting off my circulation I need to do something! I wasn't in bad shape(although not good!) by the wedding but then ate a tonne for a month and drank lots and now im bulging out of everything I own!

Which do you think works best WW or SW? Votes...

• barongreenback
    Beginner September 2004
    barongreenback ·
    • Hide content

Either will work, especially if you combine them with regular exercise. The underlying principles are the same - create the appropriate calorie deficit to force your body into making up the difference through your fat reserves.

People will swear by either diet but what you need to work out is what fits in with your own lifestyle.

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

I couldn't stick to WW because even basic foods were points and after meals I had nothing left for snacks or treats. I've lost 5 stones 10lbs on SW, 3.5 stones of that since January 8th. I eat a lot of fruit, but don't eat any vegetables, so I imagine you could skip the fruit and eat plenty of veg and be just as successful as me! Not eating dairy shouldn't be much of a problem. You're limited on your dairy anyway (healthy As) and soya is an option for A choices if you don't want/can't have regular milk or cheese. If you're going to a class, your consultant should be able to advise you.

• MrsW2b
    Beginner May 2008
    MrsW2b ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replies.

Congrats Melancholie! Thats a brilliant loss. Im going to stick with SW I think...Im just about to go on the treadmill (my clothes are depressing me so much). Keeping off the wine will be the hardest!

• M
    Beginner
    mrsng ·
    • Hide content

Ive been doing SW for 3 weeks and have lost 10.5 lbs. I find it really easy as I am never hungry on it. We are on a budget as I am am about to go back to college so I dont buy expensive cuts of meet.

I eat a lot of quorn, I love the quorn sausgaes (in farmfoos they are a £1 a box). On a green day I love tucking into quorn sausages, beans, mushrooms and potatoes. Think you should be okay with that. And on a red day I eat things like pork/turkey stir fry or a chicken dinner. I find turkey tastes the same as chicken once cooked and is a couple of pound cheaper in the supermarkets. I also make big pots of stew/casserole with braising steak and a load of veggies.

I stick to simple food so that hubby and the kids can eat it too. Makes life a lot simpler!

Good luck - hope it works for you. Im off to get weighed tonight and I really want 3.5lbs off so I get my stone but who knows!

Nickyx

• GMT
    Beginner December 2008
    GMT ·
    • Hide content

I am a farn of Quorn too. We eat a lot of the mince, and the sausages too, as they're versatile. For example, we had sausage stir-fry; pasta, nbean and sausage bake, chilli, spag bog etc. They're all great on green days, and free on red too (tho you do not to check the differ Quaorn products as som eof them do have syn values).

Make huge bowls of salad - I put fruit and all sorts into ours to try and vary them and keep them interesting. You can have loads of this with not very much / meat / fish if ££££ is tight and it doesn't feel as if you're beinng stingy! Same applies to veggies - do loads and pile your plate with them. Leftovers can be used for soup. If you use a baked potato as a healthy extra B then you can have that as well. All tasty and filling, too.

Last night, Mr GMT cooked us supper - chopped tinned toms with a tin of baked beans, baked spud, Quorn sossies and one Quorn spicy chilli burger. It was yum and I felt stuffed at the end!

• MrsW2b
    Beginner May 2008
    MrsW2b ·
    • Hide content

Gud idea's thank you

• MrsW2b
    Beginner May 2008
    MrsW2b ·
    • Hide content

Do any of you ladies find green or red days more effective? Ive always tended to do red days, would I be better mixing it up do you think? Its just I was worried eating too many carbs would stop my weight loss.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics