Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner June 2017

Hello, new here getting married in French chateau

SunnyGoldDecor453, 20 of January of 2016 at 23:20 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 3

Hello everyone! I am getting married in June 2017 in a chateau in France with our closest family and friends. We will not be having a honeymoon as we are making a weekend of our wedding. So far we have booked the venue but plenty more to do and I will be appreciative of advice and help along the way having never done this before haha! We are looking at approximately 36 guests for the whole weekend and a few more just for the day itself who will have to arrange their own accommodation. Already things are getting difficult as my one and only dear lovely sister was very unhappy that we decided apart from our own 4 children that we didn't have the space or funds to open up the invitation to all our guests kids. This is tricky as I don't want to offend or upset anyone but equally our funds are limited as are the rooms in our venue. We have booked a package wedding deal so lots of things like flowers and wedding cake (croquembouche) are included and I'm not sweating the small stuff .....yet anyway. I don't want to be a bridezilla, my vision is of a relaxed and fun wedding weekend that everyone enjoys and if the flowers are the wrong colour then just pour some more wine! My next job is to think about the dress, I haven't a single clue what I want. I'm also concerned that it would be very easy to have costs spiral out of control. I look forward to speaking so some of you on here and hearing your plans for your big day, and your stories for those of you who get there before I do......plenty of time to plan here Lots of love Jade

3 replies

Latest activity by Jayne E, 21 of January of 2016 at 22:40
  • Click Clack Photo
    Click Clack Photo ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jade, Getting married in a Chateau in France will be amazing, despite all the complications! I got married in France, to a French girl, in 2009. Our amazing wedding was in Tours Sur Loire, right in the middle of France and surrounded by lots of famous vineyards.... which we capitalised on! The biggest challenge was getting my friends and family over, and finding places for them to stay. Luckily my wife's family were already out there, so it was only my half that needed lots of organisation. French weddings are very different to ours in the UK, and although I'm sure you'll take a few of our traditions with you - I hope you get to experience lots of Frenchness too (we had a croquembouche - awesome)! We were't able to take a huge amount of people from the UK with us, but the ones who came still talk about it to this day. And yes, it has to be a weekend and that's normal in France - they should accommodate you on this! You're giving yourselves and your guests a wonderful experience! Where abouts in France then? Best, Mark.

• S
    Beginner June 2017
    SunnyGoldDecor453 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Mark! We will have to do the marriage paperwork in England before we go so technically we will already be married and its the ceremony we will be having in France. The chateau is in limousin. I wanted to have a non traditional wedding anyway which is why we have chosen to go abroad, I don't want a stuffy atmosphere with hours of speeches droning on! I'm not really bothered about a long service or anything like that, I just want everyone to be really relaxed. The majority of our guests will be staying in the chateau and we plan to arrange coach transfers from limoges airport, there will be a few guests who we will ask to arrange their own accommodation. I love France and the setting in the countryside is beautiful

• Click Clack Photo
    Click Clack Photo ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jade, you've saved yourself so much hassle by getting married in the UK before going - perfect. Oh wow, I know Limousine... it's in the volcanic region, just west of Clermont-Ferrand. We (wife+2 girls) were there in September visiting some friends, but we explored the famous Puy de Dôme and the mountains too. Just awesome! I'm lucky enough to have shot five weddings in France now, the last one was in Tours back in June - it was just sooooo French! They even had a Citroen 2cv for their wedding car, obviously. You might like to check it out: http://www.clickclackphoto.co.uk/flavie-et-nicolas - check the Croquembouche! I just love the style in France - we go there three or four times a year as all my In-Laws are there... so cool. Anyway, let me know if the pictures help you to feel more French! You won't get a stuffy atmosphere, everyone will be blown away! Best, Mark.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Sounds an amazing weekend wedding. I loved my wedding abroad. So much more relaxed. I look forward to hearing about yours.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics