Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

lamby
Beginner August 2010

Hello New Spots all over my face 8 days before my wedding

lamby, 13 August, 2010 at 12:13 Posted on Planning 0 17

Aaaggggh, why, why, why? (Stress and tiredness I know!)

Can anyone help? I am using face wash, trying the toothpaste thing (does it actually work 'cos at the moment I just smell like a Dentist in bed) and drinking lots of water.

Anything else I can do? This morning I had a nice new big red one right in the middle of my cheek. Talk about blushing bride! ☹️

17 replies

Latest activity by king george, 13 August, 2010 at 22:26
  • SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

I used to find witch hazel would help with break outs.

Try not to worry - I'm sure you will look gorgeous on your wedding day.

• Suzie&Karl
    Beginner January 2012
    Suzie&Karl ·
    • Hide content

Try and stay calm. Get as much sleep as you can. drink as much water as you possibly can.

Tea tree always works for me too. I used to get them really bad up until about 4 years ago, was put on some VERY strong medication from the hospital and now tea tree seems to zap them away since then.

xxx

• Mynnie the Moocher
    Beginner May 2011
    Mynnie the Moocher ·
    • Hide content

Personally, I'd keep the toothpaste for my teeth!

But other than that, carry on doing what you're doing with the water, add plenty of fresh fruit and veg and try to find a way of staying chilled. Perhaps invest in some tea tree or witch hazel too. Don't worry, they'll be gone by the big day, and even if they're not, make up is a wonderful thing - especially in the hands of a professional! ?

• tahdah
    Beginner September 2009
    tahdah ·
    • Hide content

Get thee some witch doctor from your chemist/superdrug it looks like this... and is a miracle gel, only costs about £2.50. I know I'm a bit spotty too and have never found anything that works as well as this.

• emmy1979
    Rockstar June 2023 West Yorkshire
    emmy1979 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS!

• Shnarfy1
    Beginner November 2010
    Shnarfy1 ·
    • Hide content

Don't panic, it will be fine. 8 days is long enough for them to pop their clogs, don't stress because that will make it worse!

• atlonglast
    Beginner November 2010
    atlonglast ·
    • Hide content

Oh im the same. Ever since we started planning i have had bloody spots. I am just hoping to have everything ready a good few days before the wedding so i can relax and hopfully that will help.

x

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

First, CHILL OUT! Stress will make them worse.

Second, Water, lots of it! It'll do all of you the world of good, not just your skin.

Third, really sorry, but less booze. It'll help your skin.

Fourth, witch hazel or whatever has worked for you in the past. Lay off the toothpaste. It'll dry the spot but also the skin around it. Your spots might go but the dry, flakey skin will be a pain in the bum to hide with make up.

Fifth, try to get sufficient sleep.

I'm sure they'll go, you have loads of time (8 days to the wedding, eek, but 8 days in the lifetime of a spot is years! Like reverse dog years almost!).

• mrsjbw2b
    Beginner August 2010
    mrsjbw2b ·
    • Hide content

I get spots when i get stressed so i started using freederm, a spot cream from the chemist, worked a treat for me xx

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much everyone - just bought some Witch on my lunch, thanks Tahdah - will swap the toothpaste!

Cricket - Lol at the reverse dog years - makes me feel better!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

You'll be fine, m'dear. Just be thankful you got them now rather than the day before!

• Chez2k
    Beginner October 2010
    Chez2k ·
    • Hide content

I put tea tree oil on mine. It helps them dry up and clear quicker xx

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Exactly what everyone else has said. I have one more suggestion to add. I also can suffer from breakouts induced by stress (amongst other things) and find that hot baths/steaming the face can work wonders as it sweats all the dirt out that is trapped under the skin. My face always looks clearer after a really good hour or so soak in a very hot bath. I'm talking red tomato faced hot!

I'm sure it will all calm down. x

• Strippy2011
    Beginner June 2011
    Strippy2011 ·
    • Hide content

Simple do this rapid spot zapper thing! It works really well as long as you do it every 4 hours! clears them up really quickly - Superdrug have them on offer at the moment - so have a look in there! xx

• 1Lucie
    Beginner May 2011
    1Lucie ·
    • Hide content

I'm an expert with spots!! Lol. From age of 21 i seriously broke out in them and tried every thing on market. I agree with witch gel, its excellent value. However, i found best thing is medibac facial wash by dermalogica.. but v pricey. Combined with using bare minerals foundations... seriously this foundation actually clears spots due to the high zinc content. These products work very quickly.. approx 3 days i found ( i had very bad acne too!)

• K
    Beginner December 2011
    king george ·
    • Hide content

After trying everything for spots including toothpaste Don't do that will dry your skin and make sore, Sudocream is really good you can put on before bed and during the day thin layer under make up really clears up spots with out drying you skin good luck xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics