Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2014

Hello :-) prettiest registry office (or low cost venue/idea) in the UK

Swizzle, 30 of December of 2013 at 08:45 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi ladies!!

im new to the forum and planning our wedding for early this year, the only thing is, is that with Two beautiful young twins the budget is very very tight so I'm trying to think outside My original plan and find the prettiest registry office I can in the Uk (pref north west).........or find another low cost wedding option.

has anyone got any ideas?

thank you soooooo much

6 replies

Latest activity by mummylislis, 31 of December of 2013 at 07:43
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Hello and Welcome

A registry office will always be the cheapest wedding option.

As soon as you look at hosting the ceremony in a licenced venue you will have to pay registrar fees for them to attend a licenced venue which will work out more expensive.

Getting married low season and mid week is a good way to save money. On venue hire charges and some suppliers also offer discounts for midweek/low season weddings.

Have you thought about eloping with just the kids OH and a couple of witnesses? Gretna Green is a popular choice for this in the UK http://www.gretnagreen.com Or you could look into other registry offices around the Country e.g Bath, London, Cornwall etc and have like a minimoon break as part of the wedding.

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

Hello and welcome to hitched ?

This website seems to list all the registry offices by area, you could have a quick look through the websites for each registry office in your area and see if any of them look particularly pretty?

http://www.myexcitingwedding.com/Register-Offices/north-west-of-england

As Funky said a Registry Office would definitely be your cheapest option as otherwise you have to pay a fee for the registrar to come out to your venue.

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

You could skip the boarder, its possible to get married in Scotland from £75 as you dont need a venue (you can use a park, beach, Forrest etc...) you also dont need a registrar if you know someone who could preform it for you (someone licensed in weddings or someone like a vicar)

• J
    Beginner April 2014
    Josiebee ·
    • Hide content

Did you find something? We're looking for somewhere in the Lakes, got two venues to see on Saturday. I also have two beautiful (handsome) twins.0, so thought I'd say hello. Hopefully getting married Easter hols 2014.

• M
    Beginner June 2015
    mummylislis ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

It's not quite the north west. But west midlands. Coventry registry office is beautiful. A friend of mine got married there and the pictures looked great (she only had family attend).

Hope that helps

• M
    Beginner June 2015
    mummylislis ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

It's not quite the north west. But west midlands. Coventry registry office is beautiful. A friend of mine got married there and the pictures looked great (she only had family attend).

Hope that helps

• M
    Beginner June 2015
    mummylislis ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Hope that helps

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics