Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarynaaa
Beginner October 2030 Northamptonshire

help !!

Sarynaaa, 8 of May of 2022 at 17:20 Posted on Planning 0 3
Me and my partner has been engaged now since august 2019, and we’re both still stuck in a rut about even beginning wedding planning.
he’s about to finish his first year at uni, and i’m starting mine in september so i know things can’t happen till at least 2024/25 but i have no idea where or when to start 😭😭

3 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 9 of May of 2022 at 09:49
  • Rachel
    Dedicated June 2023 Greater Manchester
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    Hi
    How about you both write five things that you each would like at the wedding , time of the year , colours and areas ? Then go from there
    😊
  • Ajx
    Dedicated April 2024 West Yorkshire
    Ajx ·
    • Hide content

Until you have a date and everything in mind i would just start with moodboards and stuff, maybe with themes/colours/styles etc just to get a feel of what you might want, then a rough guest list, decide whether you want a big or small one and work out a budget. Once you've got these done you'll find yourself in a rhythm and you'll be able to go from there xx

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I know it's boring, but start with a budget! There's no point getting excited about having a 200 person wedding in a castle and then finding out all you can afford is a 30 person wedding in the village hall!

If you can't get the wedding you want at the budget you can afford, then either you'll have to delay the wedding to save up longer or cut back on some of the trimmings.

Once you've got your budget in place, start thinking about overall vibe and the type of venue & time of year you might like.

You can start getting general ideas of the kind of photographer, florist and caterer you would like, but you won't be able to do anything definite about any of these until you have a venue and date.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics