Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner November 2024 Greater Manchester

Help

Natasha, 30 of May of 2024 at 15:43 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 1
Hi all,

I'm just looking for some advice. I'm scare that my dad is going to bring negative vibe to my wedding. Him and my mum was divorced when I was around 4 and we never really been close at all. My mum is now remarried to my step dad for over 20 year who I am close with.
Due to this I didn't want my dad walking me down the aisle and i wanted my grandad as he has been the man that alway been there and I have alway said since I was little it would be my grandad.
My dad of course was upset however after we had dicussed it he accepted my decision however, I have recently been handing out the invite for my and my further husband big day. So when I have ask when he free I have been ment with we busy so I would alway ask let me know so I can arrange to meet us and give invite out which was alway ment with no response. Most recent I have message him ask for when he is free for the invite where I was ment with they was busy again this weekend and that I need to invite my nana and grandad from his side which I was going suggest all going for lunch together so I could. He has now mentioned that he not seen me in ages and my nana is upset about it.
I alway feel like I'm being made out for being the bad person ever through I'm trying to make an effort bare in mind my grandparents on his side never come to any of my party this didn't come to our engagement or my 18th I haven't seen them since last new year.
I feel like they might bring negativity to what ment to be the best day of our life as everyone else has been amazing on both mine and my furter husband family it just seen that the stress is coming from my dad side of the family which i am only invite 6 of them as i dont speak to any of that family. I'm just looking for some advice?

1 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 31 of May of 2024 at 12:55
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

You have not been close to these people for a reason - because they have not been there for you as you were growing up. They can't expect to suddenly become close to you now, just because you are getting married. Especially as it seems they only want to meet with you on their terms. It is ridiculous for them to complain that they are upset they haven't seen you for a long time, while simultaneously claiming to be too busy to meet!

If you still want to invite your father and his parents to your wedding, then I would just post the invitations. But if you have changed your mind about having them, that is also fine. They may be your biological family, but it doesn't seem that they have been 'family' in any real sense of the word. If you feel that their presence would spoil your wedding day, then don't feel obliged to invite them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics