Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner January 2021

Help Bridesmaid Dresses!

SunnyBrownDecor90443, 27 of May of 2020 at 17:29 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi There hoping you fellow brides can offer me some advice!
I am in search for bridesmaid dresses! I have 5 adult bridesmaids and one junior bridesmaid. I don’t want to spend anymore than £170 per bridesmaid which I thought was quite reasonable!

I have looked around all the usual high street brands and the biggest issue I am having with those is they don’t offer junior bridesmaids therefore leaving me in a position whereby I would need to choose a completely different brand/style for my junior bridesmaids which I don’t want to do.

This has led me to look more towards proper bridal brands, I have recently stumbled across “Dessy” which seems perfect as it would enable all my maids to have the same colour but pick different styles imcluding my jnr bridesmaid!

speaking to a few bridesmaid shops the prices seem to differ massively! One shop told me today about them starting prices at £300 for dessy! Does anyone know where I can find them at a more reasonable cost or alternatively offer any other brands that cater for both adult and jnr bridesmaids for my price bracket?

thanks in advance

4 replies

Latest activity by HappyPinkHair15172, 21 of June of 2020 at 10:01
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It might be worth travelling to a cheaper area - prices do tend to go up in wealthier locations - what part of the country are you in?

• HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Hi hun.

Try Jjs House.

Got my first bridesmaids dresses from there, my veil and bridal belt.

Orders are taking longer than expected at the moment, but the quality was excellent.

Dresses can be bought as standard sizes or made to measure.

Hope this will help you!

• H
    Beginner January 2021
    HappyBlueCars3015 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We went for the multiway wrap dresses for our bridesmaids. They seem perfect for my 5 bridesmaids as they are all different shape and sizes. They can simply choose the style that suits them best. We got them for around £120 each from a Bridal shop in Stockport. Originally looked at twobirds but they were way too expensive.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Beth

• E
    Beginner September 2021
    ExpensivePinkDecor51060 ·
    • Hide content

How about getting the adult bridesmaid dresses that you want & then speak to a local seamstress who would make you a junior version?

• HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya hun,

I,d also set up alerts on EBay and Gumtree. Do your maids have to be identical, or mix and match, either in style or colour?

We finally decided on dresses from Quiz for my adult daughters, who are my BMs, they were £70 each, got block heeled sandals from Matalan, £15. Hair accessories from Jon Richard at Debenhams, got them on offer, £22 each reduced from £35 each, with free delivery.

The Jon Richard concessions staff were brilliant, they told me when their next disc event was going to be on, so I waited a little while, and nearly all stock was reduced.

My flower girls dresses have come from EBay, again, I set up an alert for the style and brand I wanted. I got M&S dresses, all new and in various sizes for between £4 and £20 each. Original price of each dress was £56, so even by buying a few sizes for choice, it still worked out cheaper. My plan is to sell on the ones we don’t need. As we only have two FGs, but they are growing at a rate of knots,and we’ve postponed until next September, I thought getting two different sizes for the youngest and three for the eldest who is very very tall for her age would be a safer bet.

In total for the 5 FG dresses, I have spent around £55 including postage, so it’s less than the cost of one new dress.

Love a bargain, me!

oh, and I’d also try sell my wedding, I have bought and sold on there, it is amazing what you can pick up preloved !

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics