Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

UnionJackDream
Beginner March 2016

Help bridesmaid dresses from ebay

UnionJackDream, 7 February, 2012 at 21:52 Posted on Planning 0 19

Has anyone bought dresses for their bridesmaid from ebay? I have found 2 dresses which I love (the first one lots more) but I am scared of the sizing etc as they are from china

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elegant-Wedding-Bridesmaid-Prom-Gown-Dress-/120738316845?pt=UK_Women_s_Dresses&var=&hash=item61cc020f83#ht_7062wt_952

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hot-Pink-Purple-Coral-R-Blue-D-Red-Chiffon-Evening-Wedding-Bridesmaid-Dress-8-24-/280745393079?pt=UK_Wedding_Clothing&var=&hash=item870d71d948

Both in orange. PLEASE HELP :-(

19 replies

Latest activity by MrsBtobe1980, 11 February, 2012 at 08:05
  • Little Miss Tweety
    Beginner August 2012
    Little Miss Tweety ·
    • Hide content

I cant say whether you should order or not. Only you can decide. However Id be put off as the first pics you can see that the pic has been 'put together'. Im rubbish at describing what i mean but the heads look like they have been added on and the waist of the woman look unnaturally tiny and the dresses look like they have been cut and pasted into the pic.

I might be totally worng, like i said im rubbish at describing what im trying to say.

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

I haven't but I know LOADS of fellow B2Bs have ordered that second dress from ebay and not heard any complaints...hopefully someone who ordered one will be a long in a minute and be able to give you more of an opinion on them! HTH x

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I do like the 1st one best but the 2nd is aUK based seller so you might have abetter chance if you don't like it and they take returns. Not sure about the orange though looks a bit bright on that one. Do they do swatches?

• Autumn_
    Beginner
    Autumn_ ·
    • Hide content

No, I have never bought a bridesmaid at ebay.

But I have ever helped my friend buy it from dailyshop. Some of the sizes are small. You's better ask the online service before you place an order.

This is what I bought from it.

http://www.dailyshop.com/bridesmaid-dress-a-line-sleeveless-floor-length-v-neck-satin-chiffon.html

• yummymummy81_123
    Beginner April 2012
    yummymummy81_123 ·
    • Hide content

I have ordered all my bm dresses 7 adult bms

and 2 flower girl dresses

we had the adult one made longer to the knee and the petals and sash changed on the fg dress to match the bm dress and there gorgeous and really good quality the adult bm came from china and took 15 days to come as advised. the onlty thing is the sizes are small so you will have to study the charts ands send exact measurements hope this helped and good luck xx

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

I bought 1 of my bridesmaid dresses from this seller:

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/alisapanuk

it was £20 and the quality is excellentand the sizing was spot on.

i also bought my wedding dress from china and i LOVE it. its perfect and the quality is amazing and all for £116 Smiley smile

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This seller has got some fab dresses. When you say the sizing was spot on, do you mean the sizes that are standard i.e. 12, 14 etc. or did you send in your own sizes?

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

standard sizes. i bought a size 14 and it fits my bridesmaid perfectly.

this is the actual one i bought:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blacks-V-neck-Cross-Back-Ruffles-Empire-Line-Bridesmaid-Dress-09008-UK-Size-12-/230740654851?pt=UK_Women_s_Dresses&hash=item35b936fb03

• Jonesey
    Beginner June 2012
    Jonesey ·
    • Hide content

The only thing I can advise as I haven't bought by BM dresses off eBay is that if you notice with the seller from China they are a Top Rated seller which basically means that they consistently have a high level of service, despatch time etc. (I'm a business seller on eBay) so I wouldn't be too worried about them. Pay with Paypal if you're unsure, and always through eBay rather than doing the transaction off eBay, that way in the unlikely event that anything does go wrong you have the backing of eBay and Paypal (they will in most cases always side with the buyer rather than the seller).

• S
    Beginner June 2012
    soon-to-be-Mrs-King ·
    • Hide content

Hi

• S
    Beginner June 2012
    soon-to-be-Mrs-King ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I ordered all 8 of my bridesmaids dresses from ebay, they are excellent quality and all of my bms love them. Because i was buying 8 I got charged £50 per dress and free p&p.

This is a picture of my daughter in hers, sorry the pictures are so big I couldn't shrink them.

I also got my flower girl dresses from ebay and they are so pretty and fit perfectly.

• UnionJackDream
    Beginner March 2016
    UnionJackDream ·
    • Hide content

Where did you get these from they are fab? Did they have other colours? Think I have seent the little ones in orange!

xx

• quackers
    Beginner August 2013
    quackers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

who was the seller I really like them

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

I havent yet but am ordering your 2nd choice in the cadbury purple colour next week and they come from Birmingham, the reviews seem good so for the price im going with them, i already have one dress for my BM but she doesnt like it so this was my next step, good luck whatever you go with x

• O
    Beginner October 2012
    orange201012 ·
    • Hide content

Are you struggling to find orange bridesmaid dresses because I am certainly finding it a challenge! I didnt think about that when we were deciding on our colour scheme, and so wish I could find a short orange bridesmaid dress in a shop in UK!

• MrsBtobe1980
    Beginner September 2012
    MrsBtobe1980 ·
    • Hide content

Yes i have brought my 6 bridesmaids dresses from ebay, from a chinese lady from birningham, cant fault them at all, lovely style, fabric and quality, and sizes are normal..

i couldnt justify paying over £100 for the same style dress from a high street shop, these were only £40 each, bargin, I ordered 1 to begin with, to check quality, the lady was verh helpful and kept me upto date with sizes when they came into stock, and sent the rest next day delivery for me..

• S
    Beginner June 2012
    soon-to-be-Mrs-King ·
    • Hide content

MrsShep2be and tara4mike

This is the seller for the flower girl dress, I ordered 4 of them in agest 18months, 5yrs, 8yrs & 10yrs. They are just gorgeous.

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/capesforalloccasions/

This is the seller that I bought the dresses from, they are not a power seller but I bought one to see what the quality was like and I was so impressed that I bought the other 7, they even through in one free so that all 8 were from the same fabric batch so there would be no colour differences. They also come with little shawls to wrap around the shoulders. The picture looks as though the band around the middle is just some cheap fabric but it is actually individually diamante stones sewn on as you can see from my picture in the post above. As I've said before the quality of fabric and stitching is amazing. Highly recommended.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/strapless-sweetheart-neck-Chiffon-wedding-dress-bridesmaids-dress-evening-dress-/260919461547?pt=UK_Wedding_Clothing&var=&hash=item8266de3d73

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

My mum got married last year and she had these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sexy-Halter-Prom-Bridesmaid-Cocktail-Dress-8002-UK-6-22-/390234842126?pt=UK_Wedding_Clothing&var=&hash=item99ab83d1e4

We got them from China in the Royal Blue - every commented how lovely they were and that the colour really popped in photos. They were custom made, fully lined and boned with full support. Persoanlly i would go back anyday but its all down to personal choice.

• J
    Beginner August 2013
    jessica_jayne ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi

Could you put the link on to her shop please?

Thank you xx

• MrsBtobe1980
    Beginner September 2012
    MrsBtobe1980 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/mylittleangelstar

she is lovely and wil help in any way she can

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics