Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2018

Help! Can't choose a venue

SunnyGreenCars840, 23 of May of 2017 at 13:11 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi all

Just looking for some help/advice/reassurement!

We're recently engaged and have been round loads of venues now. I'd always envisioned a Spring wedding, but next May feels too soon to plan now, and neither of us wants to wait 2 years, so we were thinking Summer 2018 to give us a bit over a year.

We've found a couple of venues but we're very limited on dates now. However we can't choose! H2b loves them all so wants me to think about it. Friends all seem to have walked into venues and just known 'the one', but I'm not so sure - I have 2 that I like in different ways. I can picture the ceremony in one, and breakfast in another! ? We've viewed all local options so it's down to these two.

1) Nearer to us, feels like 'us' when we've visited (in sunshine), absolutely beautiful gardens (and outside ceremony options). Space inside is darker than what I'd always imagined though. Ceremony would be nice inside - I can imagine lanterns etc and it would be stunning. I just worry about photos of the breakfast etc (I'd always imagined light rooms or marquees, rather than barns). It's very dark and not sure if I like it! Available mid August, possibly mid/end Sept, or October. Worry is if it's a wet day, no one will see the outside, which is what we love. So risky. But if we were able to go outside for the reception, it would be perfect.

2) Further away (1hr+), so further for family to attend. Lots of options for accommodation though. Grand, beautiful place. We can imagine ourselves there, but feels less like 'ours' than option 1, if that makes sense? Bright light ceremony space, beautifulmarquee for the breakfast and party, again beautiful gardens (although not as striking, still amazing), but if it rains we can get bright photos inside throughout the day, and sheltered garden options. Available mid July or end September.

Does anyone have any advice? Thanks x

6 replies

Latest activity by tash038, 1 of June of 2017 at 23:14
  • Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

It sounds like you love venue 1 more, so if I was you I would get on google and search "(venue) wedding photography" and STALK all the wedding photos at that venue you can find.

That should give you an idea of how others have used the space, and also give you an idea of photographers who can handle the low lighting Smiley smile

Xx

• S
    Beginner August 2018
    SunnyGreenCars840 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks so much for coming back! The problem is venue 1 is new, so as of yet there's very little to go off! ? x

• A
    Beginner April 2016
    Apey ·
    • Hide content

I actually thought it sounded like you liked venue 2 the most Smiley smile

It sounds beautiful, and you won't have to worry about rain affecting the photos (although you can get gorgeous couple photos out in the rain!)

When you're surrounded by people you love and have put all your personalised touches to the venue...It will feel like "you" on the day Smiley smile

I didn't actually like our wedding venue at first...it was our only choice really because of budget, but on the day, it really didn't matter where I was, it was who I was with that made it. xx

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

The venue we loved was a field but the overall cost started to sky rocket so we had to decide against it. The new venue we found is very strange and isn't initially what I wanted but is working out lovely. Just consider what the best place is for you is closer to home more beneficial? Would your family be annoyed if they had a long way to travel or does away from home feel more special. At the end of the day if both venues are nice perhaps pick a preferred date and see who has got it off both have, then look at how it works with your budget.

• S
    SunnyRedDiamonds891 ·
    • Hide content

The best thing is to google for wedding venues on your Area, You may end up with a lots of venues. Choose the one you like most, You can browse their Photographs and can directly pay a visit at the venue so that you will get a clear ideas. You can also ask then whether they provide any packages along with the venue which has Photography, Catering etc. It may sometimes saves some money also. Before selecting a venue there is some points you need to take care, see this short points- It will definitely help you - Wedding venue, things to know

• T
    Beginner October 2017
    TheOrganiseuse ·
    • Hide content

It sounds like you go for the first one if the weather was nothing to worry about. Knowing myself, option 1 depending so much on good weather, I would worry about it the whole time leading up to the wedding. There is a lot to organise and worry about already so I would probably pick option 2, which works out well either way.

I don't think there is necessarily the "perfect" venue out there as there will always be budget constraints and location constraints. It makes sense to pick with your brain rather than your heart, your loved ones on the day will make up for that Smiley smile

• T
    Beginner November 2019
    tash038 ·
    • Hide content

Perhaps keep looking? I'm feeling the same way, nowhere is making me feel like it's THE one... just when I think I've exhausted options, I always find an alternative - good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics