Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner January 2017

Help! Can't pick between 2 dresses

ExpensiveYellowDiamonds604, 7 of July of 2016 at 17:43 Posted on Planning 0 5

I'm torn between 2 dresses and just hoping if anybody can offer advice. I tried on the Berta Bridal 14-20 and Berta Bridal 16-15. While there, I remembering loving the 14-20 but now I'm slightly liking the 16-15.. They are literally the same shape the main difference is the 14-20 is pure white,has smaller and softer patterns and the 16-15 has under layer of skin/pinkish colour and bigger patterns.

The he main reason why I started liking the 16-15 is because I feel it's my wedding I might as well go for something with more on! But I feel the 14-20 looked better on me only it's a older model. The 16-15 is new so can't find many pictures of real brides in it. I'm out of the country now and no chance of going to the shop and trying the dresses on again Smiley sad

5 replies

Latest activity by NoMoore, 14 of July of 2016 at 12:14
  • jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

I know you say you are out of the country, but the only way you are going to decide is to try them on again. Can you make an appointment for when you are back in the country?

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you are out of the country, how are you planning on ordering the dress?

Surely you need to go to a stockist and order it?

FWIW, I prefer the 14-20 because although the back is prettier on the 16-15, there is a rude shape in the lace on the front that I can't unsee!

Also, the Berta website isn't the easiest to browse through, so here are some links for others:

16-15 back:

http://www.bertabridal.com/portfolio/ss2016/#lightbox[group-37602]/46/

16-15 front:

http://www.bertabridal.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/16151-1.jpg

14-20 back:

http://www.bertabridal.com/portfolio/ss2014/#lightbox[group-32552]/56/

14-20 front:

http://www.bertabridal.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/14-20-1.jpg

xx

• M
    Beginner March 2017
    MrsJFC2be ·
    • Hide content

I would say if the 14-20 looked better then that's the dress, they are both beautiful by the way and you are so lucky getting a Berta! They were my dream dress designer but way out of budget! Just because something has more details on doesn't mean its the dress, it may over power you depending on your body frame and the more simple dress may look more elegant.

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

FWIW, of the two, I prefer the 14-20, I think it's prettier and has more class, and as Stephisaur said, it doesn't have a strange shaped bit of lace over the 'lady garden'!!

Less is often more when it comes to wedding dresses I think, but at the end of the day it's YOUR day and YOUR dress so you should go for the one YOU love!

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

They are both beautiful. How do the colours go with your skin tone? Pure white can be difficult to wear & washes out some skin tones, but I also prefer the 14:20. Does it come is any other colour?

Fairly obvious, but I cant see that you could wear any sort of bra (possibly no knickers too!) with either dress due to the plunging neckline & see through back. Not an issue if you can comfortably go bra less, but if you need any sort of support, they may not be the right dress style.

Are you getting married in a church? Some are more conservative than others (generally catholic) so something to keep in mind with this style. Both are beautiful though.

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

They are both lovely but agree with Stephisaur... you dont want to look back at your photos in years to come and only be able to see the rude shape. Sorry!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics