Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Help - Ceremony music ideas needed!

21 of November of 2016 at 09:53 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi everyone!

I am having an issue coming up with songs for my ceremony. We need one for walking down the aisle, two for signing the registar and one for walking up the aisle.

I know what I am walking down the aisle to - Ella Henderson's "Yours" (love the words) - and am keeping that as a surprise for my fiancé. However, I am really struggling with the others. I would love to incorporate Biffy Clyro's "Many of Horror" (not the Matt Cardle cover), as that is the song that was playing when my fiancé asked me to be his girlfriend and they're one of our favourite bands.

What are you guys having? Any sentimental songs?

xx

11 replies

Latest activity by Tidal Wave, 23 of November of 2016 at 13:36
  • PadBin
    Rockstar July 2016
    PadBin ·
    • Hide content

We really struggled finding music we could agree on.

I chose ed sheeran's tennerife sea as the words are beautiful, for me to come into.

we had the balcony screen (from romeo and juliet) and 2 other Craig Armstrong songs for the signing, luckily we had an extra song as the pen we were told to use ran out half way so the vicker had to run off to get a biro then the photographer refused to take photos of a biro so one of the witnesses had go and ask the guests for a nicer one, it was very funny.

The issue was the song to walk out to, I let my husband choose this and he kept choosing either dance tracks that were way to much or really inappropriate somber songs, one being about suicide, he doesn't seem to listen to the words.

in the end he decided on the new jungle books version of I wanna be like you, the orginal is his favourite and I love disney but I wasn't happy as we had lots of silly bits at the reception and I thought the church should be more serious but I gave in and I'm so glad I did, our wedding turned out being very giggly and light so at the end when it was played everyone loved it and laughed.

I think it's lovely you've chosen sentimental songs and there mean even more after the wedding. I still can't hear tennerife sea without crying.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

We married in the Ice Chapel. I walked in to string quartet playing can't help falling in love and afterwards during photos etc we had an instrumental of frozen let it go lol. Had to be done.

If you love a song and the words aren't appropriate check for an instrumental version.

Good luck. Music was by far the hardest thing for us to agree on ?

• D
    Beginner December 2016
    DB2016 ·
    • Hide content

Walking in I am having Whiter Shade of Pale (instrumental version.

Signing the register Tenerife Sea and Everlong (the acoustic version)

Then walking back out Stellify (Ian Brown)

The last 3 are our 3 favourite most appropriate songs and I love the music to the first, but clearly the words are a little odd!

• R
    Beginner December 2016
    royalcouple ·
    • Hide content

We're having walk hand in hand with me by Andy Williams even though my other half doesn't like it when I tell anyone it came off the call the midwife xmas cd! Good luck choosing xxxx

• katieJ2b
    Beginner October 2016
    katieJ2b ·
    • Hide content

I walked in to At Last by Etta James as that's 'our' song. During the signing of the register we had XO by John Mayer and Only Love by Ben Howard. Then to walk out we had Signed, Sealed, Delivered by Stevie Wonder. We loved it having an upbeat song as it felt, to us, like it was time for the party to get started at that point! x

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

I'm coming in to the Piano Guys version of "Can't Help Falling In Love" and we are having their version of "A Thousand Years" for the signing of the register as well as an instrumental of one of the worship songs I like. We can't decide what to come out to - I might go with something traditional but we will see how I feel nearer the time.

Check out the Piano Guys though - they have some good, fun instrumentals that you might be able to use.

• Firefly0410
    Beginner October 2018
    Firefly0410 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're having this exact problem!! And every sentimental lovey one I pick my fiance doesnt like it and in the end it got a bit embarrassing him turning down songs that mean something to me hahaha. He kept suggesting such depressing songs though.

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

Got married in a church, so for the register we had hymns. For the entrance music very simple "here comes the bride" (I forget the correct title)

However, our organist was very talented and we came out to Star War's Imperial March, and his friend who married a few months after us had a different star wars song. So have you thought about any film music.

I think sometimes you can't wrong with instrumentals or a nice piece of classical, how about Holst's Venus, which is sub titled the bringer of peace.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics