Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

joannexyx
Beginner July 2013

help!?! colour ideas.

joannexyx, 1 May, 2011 at 21:54 Posted on Planning 0 14

So...i was originally wanting out wedding to be pink pink and more pink. but now that im thinkin about it, i want it to be more then just pink.

i then started to think pink and black or pink and gold. i can see loads of pink and black ideas but would really like to see some pink and gold ideas. anybody got any?

thanks for any help Smiley smile

14 replies

Latest activity by GemmaLouise1986, 2 May, 2011 at 13:43
  • H
    Beginner October 2011
    Hayse-08/10/11 ·
    • Hide content

I think pink and black is stunning. But just did a quick google search on pink and gold and that looks good too.......

.... just to give you some ideas but there are many more on google. And I'm sure others will be along soon with other pictures x

• H
    Beginner October 2011
    Hayse-08/10/11 ·
    • Hide content

Some of the pictures haven't worked... sorry x

• Peaseblossom
    Beginner March 2013
    Peaseblossom ·
    • Hide content

I adore that dark pink and gold cake at the top, would look in dark green and silver (my colours)!!

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Both of those colour schemes sound amazing. I did exactly the same but we've finally decided on fuschia and turquoise.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Pink & Gold is gorgeous together either soft pinks & antique Gold or Cerise & Gold:

You could also use different shades of Pink:

• O
    Beginner October 2011
    oldgal ·
    • Hide content

We are having pink and gunmetal grey.

• J
    Beginner
    julybride2011 ·
    • Hide content

We're having ivory, pink and black. bms will be in black dresses x

• Chidders
    Beginner June 2012
    Chidders ·
    • Hide content

Hi Joanne, I am having a ivory/antique gold colour scheme and having been struggling to decide the extra colour as I was between Raspberry and Eggplant. I am now thinking pink! I really like the pale pink and subtle gold together. Good luck x

• CardiffInvitations
    CardiffInvitations ·
    • Hide content

Think pink and gold would look lovely, although black and pink is very striking.

Sherrie has come through for you again with some stunning pics for inspiration (well done Sherrie!)

Anna

• GemmaLouise1986
    Beginner
    GemmaLouise1986 ·
    • Hide content

We're having bright pink and black.

The only thing I would say about bright pink is, I got very stressed to start with trying to make everything match. It's very difficult with bright pink as there's so many different shades. I learnt to just let go and not sweat it Smiley winking

• O
    Beginner October 2011
    oldgal ·
    • Hide content

We are having hot pink too but wierdly I changed from black as I found that tricky to match in with suits etc but it was my first choice !

• O
    Beginner October 2011
    oldgal ·
    • Hide content

Oh and I concur Sherrie is fab !

• GemmaLouise1986
    Beginner
    GemmaLouise1986 ·
    • Hide content

Oldgal - funny you should say that, we're actually having grey suits!

My BMs are in black and then there's hints of pink in the flowers, table decorations etc but to be honest I've not really gone totally mad on matching everything - I don't know how much people will notice!

• O
    Beginner October 2011
    oldgal ·
    • Hide content

Can't wait to see your pics as the dresses are being made I still have time to be contrary nd change back to black lol

• GemmaLouise1986
    Beginner
    GemmaLouise1986 ·
    • Hide content

I must admit they look fab in my opinion!

My BMs are both adults (and older than most BMs) so I think it looks really classy. For my SIL's wedding we were all adults (25-45) and were all wearing a really really bright colour, just looked a bit odd imho.

I did originally want VofH dresses but neither would have a shorter dress Smiley winking

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics