Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner July 2013

Help!!!!! Dusty purple bridesmaid dresses

emmareynolds21, 7 of April of 2013 at 21:06 Posted on Planning 0 11

I need to find Dusty purple bridesmaid dresses for 5 girls, of all different shapes and sizes! I DO NOT want satin as I want more of a relaxed elegant feel so was thinking of a chiffon. Preferably floor length as most of them don't like their legs!

I have ordered one from ebay (made in China) it is the perfect colour and has been made really well for the price but now i'm not sure it suits the bridesmaid I bought it for. I only ordered one just in case they turned out to be rubbish!

Has anyone got any ideas of where I can get them from or get them made on quite a tight budget?? xxx

11 replies

Latest activity by louise fisher, 22 of May of 2013 at 06:44
  • G
    Beginner August 2013
    golden ·
    • Hide content

If the colour is perfect and the quality is good, what is it that doesn't suit the bridesmaid ? It sounds as though you are on the right track, but possibly need to find a different design, with the same company.

• C
    Beginner December 2015
    Cariss1 ·
    • Hide content

I purchased all of my dresses from this site justthebeginnings.com. My dresses were 79.00.

• F
    Beginner September 2013
    FutureClayton ·
    • Hide content

Your dresses sound exactly the same as what I'm looking for for my bridesmaids, I love the colour 'smashing'. By dessy but their dresses are way out of my price range. I've found a dressmaker who will make me the dresses I want for £100 each. I'm not 100 percent on the idea though as I'm worried they won't be up to scratch but I'm really struggling to find what I want on the highstreet.

Could you post a pic of your dress? How much was it??

• T
    Beginner
  • H
    Beginner September 2013
    hlc75 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, i also loved the colour smashing by dessy and wanted those for my bridesmaids. It depends on how long you have until your wedding, but i have got both my dessy dresses brand new on ebay from america, style 2832 in smashing. I trawled ebay everyday and it has taken a good few months to find the ones i wanted in the sizes i wanted but ended up getting both the dress including post + taxes for approx £120, i was quoted between £160 -£202 per dress when i contacted shops. If you have got plenty of time and those are the dresses you want i think its worth searching ebay every day

I also managed to get brand new cravats and pocket handkerchiefs for the men on ebay at a fraction of the cost! Smiley smile

• F
    Beginner September 2013
    FutureClayton ·
    • Hide content

I love eBay!! I'm on there everyday, no luck so far, I need high neck or one shoulder dresses at least as one of my bm's has huge boobs! I've seen loads of dresses but none in the smashing colour, I will keep trying. I get married in September so am starting to panic slightly!!

• H
    Beginner September 2013
    hlc75 ·
    • Hide content
  • E
    Beginner July 2013
    emmareynolds21 ·
    • Hide content

I went for it in the end and the rest will be here Friday. I'm having the awkward one altered to fit her as she eventually told me that she over estimated her measurements as she thought it would hide her stomach!

This is the dress but obviously not in the right colour.........

They were £50 each in custom made sizes or £40 if you happened to be a standard size.

• E
    Beginner July 2013
    emmareynolds21 ·
    • Hide content

The colour that they made them in is this chart............. No 10

• H
    Beginner September 2013
    hlc75 ·
    • Hide content

Those dreses are lovely and the colour is really nice, they were a bargain !! one more job sorted Smiley smile xx

• F
    Beginner September 2013
    FutureClayton ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

i've not got any further in my search. I'm actually really really stressed about it all!! I'm having a vintage feel to my day so although them concord colour dresses are lovely they just don't fit in, I've seen them on preloved and liked them too. (Not big enough for one of my bm's either). I'm actually thinking of changing my colour to dusky pink, it seems more popular so I make have a better chance if finding something.

Sooooooo stressed its untrue!!!!

• louise fisher
    Beginner July 2014
    louise fisher ·
    • Hide content

Is that quite similar with this one

http://www.1dress.co.uk/2012-style-trumpet-mermaid-halter-beading-sleeveless-floor-length-tulle-prom-dresses-uk0260196.html

For the color?

May be thisone is not proper to be used as a bridesmaid dress,but it is nice,yeah?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics