Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs Bass
Beginner March 2011

Help!! embarrassing rip in my skirt!!!

Mrs Bass, 18 October, 2011 at 10:46 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 11

I am running an event off site today and I have just ripped the seam on the back, so far high it flashes my pants!! Luckily i found a saftey pin and a very helpful catering lady so its kinda pinned together but not brilliantly!!

i think wearing my cardi kinda covers it but annoyingly there are no long mirrors here!!

i cant tie my cardi around my waist as i need to stay looking as professional as possible!!

apart from "stop eating biscuits" any one got any suggestions? i have basic statiiionary supplies! considered stapling iit but if that then rips it will ruin fabric! can i refuse to stand uo for the rest of the morning?!

11 replies

Latest activity by Mrs Bass, 19 October, 2011 at 11:18
  • Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

Ooopsie!

This reminds me of the time I was at a "Western" fancy dress party and I was wearing a denim skirt, which ripped like yours.

So I took the table cloth off the table and wrapped it round my skirt to look like it was part of it.

Are there any table cloths you can do the same with?

Orrrr, you could turn the skirt to the side, pull it right down on your hips and pretend that you're just really slutty???

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Could you reinforce it from inside with sellotape?

Then sit down for the rest of the day, yes!

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Sellotape, like ATB said... OR you could send an email round the office saying

"Hello office chums, it's National flash your pants day... please join me in supporting this fantastic event".

Then Bob's your Uncle, you're not the only one flashing your posterior.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Have you got a first aid kit handy? Surgical tape might have better sticking power than sellotape.

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

Sellotape is genius!! spangler i love that idea and it would actally go down quite well in my office, unfortunatly im in a conference centre!

luckily my cardi is quite long and its one of those with longer bits at the front so i keep pushing it back and gatherinng it all at the back!! it looks like i have a bustle now but it seems to be covering the rip....for now!

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Sellotape, like ATB said... OR you could send an email round the office saying

"Hello office chums, it's National flash your pants day... please join me in supporting this fantastic event".

Then Bob's your Uncle, you're not the only one flashing your posterior.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Can you tell stuff like this happens to me all the time?!!

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

Can you nip out (or home) to grab a change?

• Yikes
    Beginner September 2013
    Yikes ·
    • Hide content

Bit late now, but can you not nip and get your hands on the "Bra" tape that keeps dresses up. Works wonders.

Sorry if I am too late.

Yikes

• Mrs Whippy
    Beginner September 2012
    Mrs Whippy ·
    • Hide content

Hope you sorted it! Thought I'd share my 'stationary to the rescue' story.

Was i the pub on a Friday night, and had my big work handbag with me I was wearing a bra that had a piece of clear plastic holding the cups together. It broke. My ❤️ ❤️ are not small, and quickly 'seperated'. I wobbled off to the toilet with my bag. I searched the bag and found a clothes price tag (a string one, rather than plastic) and thought I could somehow tie it back together until I got home. I needed to make holes in the material, but even my keys wouldn't go through. So I searched the bag again, and hidden down at the bottom (for so long I didn't even know it was there) was a holepunch!

And yes, I did tie myself back together, and danced (gently) for the rest of the night!

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the tips ladies, my bustle seemed to do the trick, i dont think anyone noticed! - was visiting my mum last night so she pinned it up for me and let me use her sewing machine so it's as good as new! mrs b to b that story is hilarious! i shuld be more prepared! i thought i had everything i would ever need iin my event tool box but i think i need to add a sewwing kit!

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the tips ladies, my bustle seemed to do the trick, i dont think anyone noticed! - was visiting my mum last night so she pinned it up for me and let me use her sewing machine so it's as good as new! mrs b to b that story is hilarious! i shuld be more prepared! i thought i had everything i would ever need iin my event tool box but i think i need to add a sewwing kit!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics