Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner June 2013

Help!! Evening Hall Decorations!!

hannah9000, 29 March, 2013 at 15:21 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi all,

We're getting married in 70 days!! And everything is creeping up a bit quick now...! We're having our evening reception in a different place to the ceremony, so I need decoration ideas apart from bunting!! Our evening do is being held in a large hall, it has a bar and a big stage. We're having turf pieces laid out like red carpet at the front door as my OH is a turf supplier/layer, but I'm stuck for indoors. Our colour theme is light blue and silver...any ideas would be gratefully received!

7 replies

Latest activity by alyj66, 29 March, 2013 at 18:51
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Are you having tables and chairs laid out and set up for a meal seating plan etc or you having informal tables and chairs?

Can you flash a pic of your hall?

• H
    Beginner June 2013
    hannah9000 ·
    • Hide content

No just a few tables and chairs around the edge for the older people Smiley smile

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Can you flash a pic?

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

What about fairy lights or those large, hanging pom poms. My cousin made some recently for a christening & all you need is crepe paper. Lots of DIY directions online.

• H
    Beginner June 2013
    hannah9000 ·
    • Hide content

Love the fairy lights idea Smiley smile here's a flash of the hall

• E
    Beginner July 2014
    exitedbridetobe ·
    • Hide content

I would def have some kind of lovely lighting, fairy lights, uplighters, or even a backdrop if the budget lets you?

• H
    Beginner June 2013
    hannah9000 ·
    • Hide content

What's the drapery/voile type stuff people use on ceilings of marquees etc? I might look into some of that...

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

Balloons, lots of ballons? I've decorated a hall for a birthday party, balloons give more movement and the weights can be pre bought or you can make some to fit in with your theme.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics