Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chez2k
Beginner October 2010

Help... Final details appointment with venue!!

Chez2k, 15 August, 2010 at 15:52 Posted on Planning 0 5

We have got our final details appointment with the venue on Tuesday and I've been trying to put together a list of questions/things to discuss. I'm having a blonde moment and am panicking that I've forgotten stuff that I should asking?! Just wondering... What things did u or will you be asking/discussing at yours?? Thanks. Any tips would help. Xx

5 replies

Latest activity by Chez2k, 15 August, 2010 at 19:53
  • Chez2k
    Beginner October 2010
    Chez2k ·
    • Hide content

No suggestions?? ?

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

anything the hotel need to know they will ask. They will need to work out the order of your day, and the timescales for the hotel I would think!! Details of hotel rooms needed maybe?? Dont panic pet! You'll work yourself up for no reason!!

• C
    Beginner October 2010
    cannotbelieveit ·
    • Hide content

When my venue mentioned that I neded to attend for this, I felt a wav of panic as I didn't know what they wanted. However, they just went through proposed numbers - this is not a final confirmation, its just so they could decide on a figure to bill us. We will then confirm again nearer the time and either pay a bit extra / get a little back depending. We also went though our suppliers details, confirmed the menu and drinks, the order of the meal and speeches, who needed high chairs, who were veggie, vegan etc.

Hope this helps!

• jen52637
    Beginner
    jen52637 ·
    • Hide content

I'm trying to remember what I asked. I hadn't been feeling nervous about the wedding at all (still amn't really, lol) but as soon as I saw the wedding co-ordinator and thought 'this is the last time I'll speak to you before the wedding' I got ridiculously nervous and couldn't eat my lunch! ?

I asked:

- When do we give you final numbers etc?

- When do we pay final balance?

- When do we get seating plan etc to you (our venue are doing our seating plan)?

- Gave them a full order of the day and contact details for photographer, band, florist etc so they can 'liaise'

- Confirmed our choice of linen, chair covers etc

- Do they have powerpoint facilities (my dad and best man asked us to ask this, should I be worried)?

- In what format do you want the music for the ceremony and who presses the buttons on the day?

I think that's all! Please try not to worry about it, though, as they will have done it so many times they'll probably have a list of questions to tick off the list! Enjoy it! ?

• BoroKate
    Beginner September 2010
    BoroKate ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to be asking about the timings on the day i.e. confirming what time the day and evening receptions will start and what time they are going to turn the room round in between. I'll also be confirming numbers and which people are having which meal.

I'm struggling to think of what else I need but I'm relying on the venue to guide me through it, after all they've done it hundreds of times and I'll only be doing it once!

• Chez2k
    Beginner October 2010
    Chez2k ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replies. I will stop panicking!! I have added a couple of bits on.... but think I have probably covered.

Will leave it now and hope that the venue guide us a bit!!

Thanks x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics