Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

KateP
Beginner

HELP! Florist appointment in an hour and have no ideas!!!!

KateP, 23 June, 2009 at 13:53 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi hope you can help as I have trawled the internet for ideas but am getting nothing, I wanted to take some picture ideas with me to show her the sort of thing I am looking for but have realised I don't know myself!!!! Our colour theme for the flowers is ivory and fushia pink and I like the gerbra daisies (not sure if I have spelt that right) for some of the pink elements. I am also looking for table centrepieces for our reception venue which I haven't got a clue about. Finally with buttonholes - who has them? I am so confused!!!! ?

4 replies

Latest activity by Weather Girl, 23 June, 2009 at 15:22
  • Laura_Lee
    Beginner
    Laura_Lee ·
    • Hide content

So go along with that info and your budget and ask what she suggests... You don't have to know exactly what you want. Use her experience and knowledge to the best advantage - thats why you are getting a professional afterall.

• Catherines Cakes
    Beginner February 2004
    Catherines Cakes ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

Don't worry about not having any ideas, if your florist is a good one she should be able to give you lots of inspiration and ideas and have lots of pictures to show you of the sort of thing that's available. Obviously, I'm a cake maker rather than a florist but my customers fall into 2 categories - those that have loads of ideas and those that have absolutely no idea what's available or what they want (or need). I can work with both types at consultations to either talk through their ideas or start with some basic questions about the style and theme of the wedding and just asking the bride really simple questions like 'do you like this look, that shape/size/flavour' etc. Obviously, I know cakes/flowers are not the same thing but what I'm trying to say is that it is part of the supplier's job to lead you through the minefield of choosing something for a wedding which most people only do once in their life.

My advice would be to chill out and let them lead you through and be honest with them - it's as much about finding out what you don't like as what you do like and you may find that she is fully of ideas and inspiration that you may never have found trawling the net for hours.

Enjoy it - choosing flowers is really exciting!

Catherine

• KateP
    Beginner
    KateP ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, sorry I think deep breaths are needed!!!! I am just sick of people saying what are you looking for and me saying 'dunno' like some kind of muppet!!! I just can't find the exact thing I like and the internet is not helping!

• Little.Miss-Scatterbrain
    Beginner September 2009
    Little.Miss-Scatterbrain ·
    • Hide content

Dont worry thats what the florist is there for! i basically went into mine and told her i didnt really like flowers but this was the colours i needed and she went through everything thatwas in season at the time of the wedding and after half an hour i had decided on all the flowers!

let us know how you get on!

x

• Weather Girl
    Beginner October 2009
    Weather Girl ·
    • Hide content

I just typed in "ivory and fuscia pink weddings" in Google and came up with these:

In a lot of the pictures the pink seems to be quite pale and I always thought fuscia pink is quite bright. Anyhow, I don't know if these pics are any help but hopefully they are!

Ideally, as others have said, your florist should be able to come up with loads of ideas based on your colour theme. Although having said that mine didn't and to be honest I've had a few problems with the florist - hardly came up with any ideas and I don't think she fully understands what we want (not that it's difficult). To cut a long story short, she's doing a mock up of my bouquet and a centrepiece which will prove one way or another whether she gets it!

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics