Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs*W*2B
Beginner August 2014

HELP!! Florist in Manchester/Cheshire/Stockport that works from home?

Mrs*W*2B, 5 February, 2012 at 19:26 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi!!

we went to a wedding fayre today and found a fab cake guy...we sampled his cake and looked at some of his work and its all great, looked at his prices and actually thought i was looking at the wrong bit... he had a 3 tier example wedding cake, it serves 50 people and it was only £115 which i thought was AMAZING...when i asked him why he was so cheap he said it was because he doesn't have a shop so no overheads and he works from home...this got me thinking about other services and suppliers that work from home and might be cheaper....

does anybody know of any florists who work from home in the Manchester/Cheshire/Stockport area?...we are going to be doing our own flowers unless we can find somebody at a reasonable price and this is one route we haven't looked into yet...

if you know of any florists that work from home in these areas send me some links to their websites/facebook etc and il have a nosey...they are difficult to find without a shop!!

Thanks Smiley smile x

11 replies

Latest activity by Kili, 6 February, 2012 at 11:54
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Jules40 on here is in Salford and does both cakes and fresh flowers. She is in the directory on here but I think her website is www.a sixpenceforhershoe.co.uk or similar but will definitely be on Google.

• Flawless Weddings
    Flawless Weddings ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Not sure what your budget is?

found this on the internet but i dont know what their work is like or if they are within your budget......

http://www.weddinginmanchester.co.uk

I typed in 'wedding flowers manchester' and found it.

Hope it helps ?

If you end up doing your flowers yourself, please feel free to ask me stuff if you get stuck( i dont bite....or charge lol)

• T
    Beginner December 2011
    tallgal ·
    • Hide content

I do- PM me for details. She did mine and is AMAZING!

• Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies i will check them all out!! everthing we have seen up to now is £55-£70 for brides bouquet and £50ish for bridesmaids so hoping for cheaper!! tallgal i have PM'd you (i think!!)
    Smiley laugh x

• T
    Beginner December 2011
    tallgal ·
    • Hide content

Where do I find my PM box?!

• Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

Think it sends to the email your registered with (i think not done it before haha)

• T
    Beginner December 2011
    tallgal ·
    • Hide content

I've started a conversation with you!

• T
    Beginner December 2011
    tallgal ·
    • Hide content

Right, I've replied to that email to confirm you as a friend but now what?!!!

• Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

Sorted thanks!! will give her a ring soon!! Smiley laugh x

• J
    jules40 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I really do not know how he is doing that ! I work from home and have no SHOP overheads, but some of the three tier cakes I produce cost me that much to make, I had to do a food hygiene qualification, am checked out by Environmental health, have bits of my kitchen adapted, two fridges etc etc . I only do a a few cakes a week as I bake everything fresh from scratch and obviously with a wedding cake there is a lot of time involved. throw in your electricity,insurance, delivery time and fuel, shopping for ingredients, at least one hour consultation with a customer and a raft of phone calls! Bespoke design of the cake etc. even though you are getting a personal service and paying for my time an artistry I know I am cheaper than most of my local shops but I wouldn't be able to do enough cakes in a week at that price to make a part time wage!

Just to add I know Rainbow florist mentioned me for fresh flowers but I no longer do them, since our venue dressing side grew I do not have time to deal with fresh flowers we just hire out silk ones, we have a florist who work alongside us who has a shop.

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I worked out that florists that are not in the main part of town are cheaper too. I live in macclesfield in Cheshire and found one out of the town centre called floresta that were very reasonable. Might be worth looking at those near you but out of town

• Kili
    Beginner June 2012
    Kili ·
    • Hide content

This lady is doing my flowers, she's based in Sale:

http://www.laurelweddings.com

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics