Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner December 2015

Help! Flower Doubts!

SunnyPinkConfetti310, 19 of September of 2015 at 11:16 Posted on Planning 0 6

I'm getting married on New Years Eve and I live offshore so long ago decided silk flowers was the way to go, in case ferries were cancelled due to weather and my flowers never arrived. My wedding colour is dark purple.

I ordered this bouquet in December 2014 (left in picture), with the bridesmaids having the same but a bit smaller:-

Since then I've changed my order about 3 times - adding 2 bridesmaids, increasing the sizes of mine and the bridesmaids' bouquets and adding another buttonhole. So I imagine the company I've ordered from think I'm a total PITA. BUT I'm now having doubts about my choice, it just feels a bit safe and boring. I've seen this online with another company, and I love it:-

Or it can be done like this:-

I've looked on the website I've ordered from and they don't do anything like this so I doubt I'll be able to swap my order. They do a love me guarantee so I can return my flowers from them within 14 days of receiving them and get a refund, but they haven't been made yet and so I wouldn't feel comfortable doing this, knowing now that they might not be what I want. But I just feel so embarrassed at the thought of going back to them and saying that after all my swapping, they aren't what I want and can I cancel. I assume they would let me cancel, rather than make them and then have me send them back under the love me guarantee.

I just wondered what other ladies would do? Would you just make do, flowers aren't that important, or would you try and get what you want? I feel like such a Bridezilla!!

6 replies

Latest activity by SunnyPinkConfetti310, 21 of September of 2015 at 10:12
  • KinkyBride
    Beginner March 2016
    KinkyBride ·
    • Hide content

From experience, get what you want. You won't regret it, especially if you're going to keep them afterwards.

might be worth checking out the lead time of the new seller though as my silk florist has a lead time of 16 weeks currently which would be cutting it fine for you.

personally I love sunflowers so I'm rather biased but I love the new ones you've found. So vibrant and colourful x

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for your post. I am leaning towards changing my mind but I feel really bad about it, cos the website I've ordered from have been excellent.

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

Eeeek, difficult one... I'd feel really bad about cancelling too, but I also prefer the brighter flowers... I suspect knowing me I'd end up keeping the first order AND ordering the others, if I could afford to, just to save upsetting anyone! Either that or ordering both then sending the first ones back under their guarantee...

Perhaps you could offer to pay a percentage of the cost of the original order by way of apology/compensation for cancelling?

• PadBin
    Rockstar July 2016
    PadBin ·
    • Hide content

I'm really shy so I understand why you don't want to cancel but if you don't want the flowers now I think you need to. If cancling is a option then the conpany won't care. Just say your sorry but you need to cancle your order, if they ask why (I'm sure they won't) just say you've had to rethink things. If your not 100% sure let them come and send them back. But all that said I prefer the bule ones. They seem more winter. There all beautiful though.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I think you need to be happy with what you chose. So options. If yours are not made yet you could cancel, don't tell them why and see if there is just a small cancellation charge. Or if you.really don't want to do that and can afford two lots sell the first set. Or donate the first set to weddingwishingwell . As others have said sound out the new supplier first to make sure they can provide within the time frame.

If cancelling sooner rather than later.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

If you cancel now, then you will only lose your deposit whereas if you leave it until they are made, it will probably mean you will be charged for the whole order. As an ex-florist myself, I would much prefer someone to cancel earlier in the day rather than leave it until I've bought the flowers. People do sometimes cancel so I wouldn't worry about being embarrassed. Sadly, some people split up before the wedding, or they have a change of plans or someone becomes ill and cancelling is inevitable.

Out of the two, I also prefer the coloured bouquet but that's mainly because I'm not a fan of blue artificial flowers. Don't get me wrong, I've made loads over the years in blue and I know it's a popular colour but I always think it looks a bit 'cold' but in the end, go with your gut feeling otherwise when you look back at the photos, you might regret that you didn't change your mind if you're not sure now.

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all for your advice. I have been in touch with the website I saw the "new" bouquet on, and they said they can accommodate my order but I shouldn't leave it too long if I want to order. I've also emailed the people I have ordered from saying I've had a change of heart and asking if I can cancel. I feel bad about this, but I would be happy to pay some kind of cancellation fee, although I need the lion's share of what I've paid back because I can't afford to pay for 2 sets of flowers!

I've also seen these which I quite like:-

So I'm going to await a response from my original order people, and if I can cancel I will take a few days to research and consider my options.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics