Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

sara.jo
Beginner June 2011

Help from florist please! Artificial topiary trees...

sara.jo, 9 March, 2011 at 17:46 Posted on Planning 0 3

How difficult would it be to make topiary trees for my centerpieces? I was thinking artificial rose buds and other bits in pastel colours instead of an actual tree! I need it to be heavy too as the reception is in a marquee and they sometimes lift up the sides to let the air in, so I read you should fill th pot with plaster of Paris? Any ideas would be appreciated, and also, if anyone knows where to get hold of artificial flower buds to poke in the florist ball?! Thanks!

3 replies

Latest activity by sara.jo, 10 March, 2011 at 07:41
  • F
    floral-exuberance ·
    • Hide content

Try here for your flowers http://www.rainbowfloristsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Artificial_Flowers.html

you can either have clay or plaster of paris, then you can add your pole. I would glue the oasis ball in place tho and also glue in your flowers- put them in first then pull them out again- put a blob of glue in the hole and the sick the flower back in. -

Before you put your flowers in the cover your stem.

Hope this helps if you need anymore advice just pm me or ask me on my facebook group.

• tmr1234
    Beginner June 2011
    tmr1234 ·
    • Hide content

I have made my own i got the pots and 12cm foam balls doweling and plaster put the plaster in the pot put dowleing in let it set put the flowers in the ball liveing a hold where the dowel will be when the plaster was dry raped the dowle in ribbon them stuck the ball on easy done here is a pic but they have now got curly green grass on it as well i will have to get an up dated pic

• sara.jo
    Beginner June 2011
    sara.jo ·
    • Hide content

Bum! For some reason I can't see your pic :-( Thank you for the replies-doesn't seem like it would be too difficult-I have bits to make one as a tester. Thanks!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics