Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Fleur
Beginner October 2022 Leicestershire

Help - hair and makeup decisions

Fleur, 13 of September of 2022 at 21:11 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 24
Hi all. Looking for some advice re bridal hair and makeup…. Is it better to get 1 person to do both or should I get separate hairdresser and mua?? I’m pulling my hair out with this decision! Can anyone offer some advice?

24 replies

Latest activity by Fleur, 1 of November of 2022 at 16:49
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    How many people would they need to work on? If you have a lot of bridesmaids/mother's then you may be best having a separate hairdresser and mua so it doesn't take all day.
  • Deborah
    Beginner June 2023 West London
    Deborah ·
    • Hide content

Hello! It seems to me that it will be more convenient for you to spend less time in the chair - that is, I would consider the option of joint work of a mua and a hairdresser. If they don't know each other, make sure they each don't mind working at the same time as the other person. The difficulty lies in the fact that the makeup artist must be at the level of your face, and the hairdresser needs to be much higher than you. If they can agree, then everything will be fine! If you are afraid that something will go wrong, then it is better to hire one person, just do not forget to calculate the time

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I booked one person to do both, she also bought another lady as i had 2 BMs and my mother to do, it worked well as they know eachother and had similar styles, so made it easier to ensure we got what we wanted so personally I would use one supplier

• Fleur
    Fleur ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Charlotte. It’s just I’ve had a hair and makeup trial and came out with curls, which just aren’t me and the makeup of a drag queen! Now I’m looking at alternatives…. Thank you for your advice though
  • Fleur
    Fleur ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s only me for hair and makeup. But 2 bridesmaids for hair and 1 for makeup. Maybe you’re right as the ceremony starts at noon. Thanks
  • Fleur
    Fleur ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you x
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Shooting weddings almost exclusively around the Leicestershire area I see a lot of bridal prep and would say 90% of the time the MUA and hair dresser are two separate people and 2 separate businesses.

They will not be working on you at the same time as that is just too impractical. Don't worry about them getting on as they do this all the time and actually if you are booking local Leicester wedding suppliers then they will of most likely of been at many of the same preps and know each other.

I see them all the time and a lot of them know me too. Its the same with room dressers, cars, florists if you are choosing experienced local suppliers we all pretty much know each other through being at the same weddings over the years. Which is a big advantage in knowing how other suppliers work, most of the car suppliers already know how I like to position them at different venues and do it without any direction from myself.

• Fleur
    Fleur ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for this.
  • Jade
    Beginner September 2022 Northamptonshire
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Fleur,
    I got married last week and like you stressed about hair and make up and what to do!
    After having multiple trials with different people I found a person that does hair and make up and couldn’t have been more pleased with the outcome!The team are absolutely incredible. If you haven’t already have a look at bridalby on Instagram.Lian is amazing Smiley smile
  • Fleur
    Fleur ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Jade. I’ll take a look 😊
  • Shireen
    Beginner August 2022 Surrey
    Shireen ·
    • Hide content
    I had one person who did my hair and makeup and she was amazing
  • Sinéad
    Dedicated October 2022 Cork
    Sinéad ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Fleur,

I'm having two. One for makeup and one for hair. There will be senven for and five for makeup. I want to make sure everyone will be done on time x. I can't wait both women are great at what they do. And I'm so excited for the morning of the wedding 😊
  • Fleur
    Fleur ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks. I think this is the way I’m going to go.
  • Cassy
    Beginner September 2022 East London
    Cassy ·
    • Hide content

What make-up and hairstyle do you want? It depends on the difficulty

• Fleur
    Fleur ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks. All sorted now.
  • Gina
    Beginner August 2025 North London
    Gina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh, okay. So what did you decide if it's not a secret?)

• Fleur
    Fleur ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Separate in the end. It also means that my hair could be done, the the bridesmaids/flower girls hair, whilst I have my make up done. Getting married at 12 noon, so it could have been a bit tight if it was just one person.

All booked and trialled ready for this coming Saturday!
  • Lara
    Beginner February 2023 Central & Glasgow
    Lara ·
    • Hide content

Hi, my wedding is next year in Feb. Can someone Suggest to me the best bridal make up artist in the UK.

• Fleur
    Fleur ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am so far from being knowledgeable, but I guess it depends on the look you want. Save images of what you have in mind and beware of quotes that seem too good to be true. Check out the websites and reviews.
    Sorry I can’t be of more help.

I’m using Katie Morley because she’s local to me and I believe she can complete the look I’m going for.
  • Lara
    Lara ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fleur Thanks, I really appreciate it. It's in my mind, I must research about it. I want to be a beautiful bride on my wedding day, Thanks for your advise.

• Abi
    Dedicated May 2024 Conwy
    Abi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re best off going off word of mouth for your local area, ask your suppliers etc, most MUAs won’t travel the length of the UK to a wedding and stick to say, a 50 mile radius, also ‘the best bridal make up artist in the UK’ might be someone else’s ‘best’ but may really not be your style! Browse local ones to find the right style for you. ☺️
  • Lara
    Lara ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Abi... Smiley smile

• Gina
    Beginner August 2025 North London
    Gina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hope everything gonna be well)