Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsB88
Beginner August 2015

Help! How do i make sure everything is the same colour??

MrsB88, 3 of January of 2014 at 16:47 Posted on Planning 0 9

Sorry if this is a silly question! So we've picked red for our colour scheme. Based on the fact that I love red roses & want them to be my flowers. But how do i make sure everything is the same shade of red!? Ive seen a dress online for my MOH and different dresses for my BMs. But what if the reds are different!? Pictures online are not always accurate. Also when i do my stationary etc.....help!

9 replies

Latest activity by *Pugsley*, 3 of January of 2014 at 20:53
  • H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

Does it HAVE to be the same shade of red? You might just be causing yourself unnecessary hassle. From a guest's point of view, I wouldn't notice if you had different shades of red and I personally think it looks more interesting than having all one block colour. You can get some lovely shades of red - your centrepieces (if you're having them) could be one shade, your BMs in another...your stationery in a darker or lighter shade. It would all tie in together if you don't go over board and keep an eye on the different tones.

• E
    Beginner October 2014
    Emmansy ·
    • Hide content

I think for the most part the different shades will not be a problem and will even compliment each other - having everything the exact same shade may make the theme too red and one tone

• dearbarbie
    Beginner July 2015
    dearbarbie ·
    • Hide content

As above, does it have to be perfectly correct? I'm sure we all have this problem - turquoise is one of my colours but I'm not going to be bothered if something borders on teal (turquoise doesn't suit everyone) but maybe email the supplier to ask for a photo sending in natural light? Even red roses come in different colours, there's no messing with nature! Smiley smile

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Thats true! I think different shades of red would actually be quite lovely. Phewwww! Thanks ladies x

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

I went a bit mad with keeping colours identical...and I got punished when the ties cost £40 EACH just to match my BM's dresses perfectly....

• dearbarbie
    Beginner July 2015
    dearbarbie ·
    • Hide content

It will be beautiful and complementary - and defo be one less thing to stress about - I started looking at mismatched bridesmaids and stuff like that, and I found it really interesting, and unusual. I'm a bit more of a quirky bride though and hate uniformity but a lot of people feel they need that, and good for them Smiley smile

red roses are a beautiful colour! Smiley smile

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

If you're having fresh red roses for your flowers, then chances of the florist being able to get the exact shade of red to match dresses etc could be very slim. With fresh flowers, Mother Nature rules and quite often even the same batch of roses can vary in the amount of green on the calyx to little speckles on the petals but this all helps to make your bouquet more beautiful. Even artificial flowers have tiny imperfections on the leafs or petals but this is done deliberately so they mimic the look of real ones. As someone above mentioned, trying to match things exactly throws up a lot of problems so I wouldn't worry too much.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Honestly? I really wouldn't worry. You won't get everything the same shade and variations are nice. There's nothing worse than an identikit wedding with everything matching to the last detail. Have some diffirence in there.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Definitely this.

I'm not massively keen on matchy matchy themes tbh.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics