Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Beginner July 2016

Help I can't find a wedding venue in the westmidlands ?

Vickysndcraigs, 19 of August of 2014 at 10:27 Posted on Planning 0 14

I'm really fed up I can't find a wedding venue my budget is 8k for the wedding and at the minute everywhere I've look I'd is coming up as £4500 ? I didn't think it would be this much for a venue at all I really don't want a hotel wedding it's not me at all my style is vintage does anyone have any recommendations for me I'm feeling desperate ? x

14 replies

Latest activity by Lui, 28 of September of 2014 at 19:53
  • AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Try Birmingham university's Great Hall, according to my son who goes there, its pretty cheap x

• xoxoxo2017
    Beginner May 2017
    xoxoxo2017 ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married at Highbury Hall with a budget of 11k (although £800 over at the moment!). Its in Moseley and they are very flexible; we are not having a 3-course sit down meal but opting for an alternative which helps.

Ask for claire, shes great!

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Our budget is 8K and our venue has cost £4500, we're just cutting back elsewhere. Our venue is a hotel though so we're getting catering, d,j and bridal suite included in that. What sort of venue are you looking for? Would you consider hiring a village hall?

• V
    Beginner July 2016
    Vickysndcraigs ·
    • Hide content

I'd like something rustic looking outside I like barns but they are well over my budget unless I want to get married in my birthday suit and that won't be a pretty sight lol I went to look at the barns Cannock today £5000 ? out the question I feel like saying sod it. It's only taken me 16 years for him to want to get married ? I've looked at a few village halls but not really kean I say I don't want a hotel wedding but I'm open to anything atm thanks in advance sorry to moan x

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

I suggested it to someone else on here and mentioned then that I have no idea how much it costs but have a look at Nettle Hill.

• H
    Beginner October 2015
    hallowedding ·
    • Hide content

I know you're not keen on village halls but have you tried Hatton village hall, I disregarded it because it's rustic, not my style at all. I remember it being cheap as chips though, something like £1500 for the whole weekend.

• E
    Beginner September 2013
    ExcitedBridetobe 2013 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We had our wedding at Hampton Manor near Solihull and it was absolutely stunning. We had 45 guests in the day and 60 on the evening and we paid just over 7K.

I would definitely recommend xx

• alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk
    Rockstar November 2014
    alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

If you like barn venues have a look a Pimhill barn in shrewsbury. That's where I'm getting married it costs £3k for 3 day hire but that's empty. You can do a lot to save money this way using whatever catering you choose (I found a company that did crepes or hog roast, festival food vans ect.) and there is a local bar company called tipples that if guests pay for enough of their own drinks they don't charge you. Xx

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried looking "outside the box"?

We found our wedding venue on facebook - it's a massive old (13th century!) Tithe wooden barn on a farm - it's a farm shop! They don't usually do weddings so our cost is less then 1K and they are doing bale hire for £1 a bale for seating, comes with very old tables but other then that it's an empty space - its in Cambridgeshire I'm afraid.

Village halls are good but you have to see a lot of rubbish ones before you find a gem! I was in a similar situation - didn't want a hotel or typical wedding venue as wanted own caterers and to provide the alcohol.

My tip would be know your area then get onto google maps and see what pops up - I was litterally looking up random fams! Using community websites to search for places also gives off the beaten track places - generally google will only show "wedding venues" which come in pricey. Bizarrely mum's net can be quite useful!

Use friends on facebook to ask wider advice, if you have friends of friends who are farmers etc.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Where in the West Midlands are you looking?

• W
    Beginner October 2006
    Winterflower ·
    • Hide content

Couple of places come to mind Rowheath Pravilon Bournville, costs around £900 to hire from nine in the morning to midnight on a Saturday, or further a field Crowle Village Hall,Worcestershire went to a lovely wedding reception there and they decorated it beautifully and hired the marque as well £380 for the hall and an extra £150. If you are prepared to travel a bit definately look at village halls in Worcestershire. Obviously you would have to then sort catering etc. We had our reception at Norton village hall in Worcestershire. We then used a lovely caterer. With a village hall it is all about how you decorate the venue. Our food and hall all came in at a couple of grand.

• V
    Beginner July 2016
    Vickysndcraigs ·
    • Hide content

I'm loving these tips the church is now booked 30th July 2016 ?? I'm in Walsall in the West Midlands I've been looking at Staffordshire I definitely want a rural setting I'm just going to look at all the things you have all said ? x

• SakuraYuna
    Dedicated November 2016
    SakuraYuna ·
    • Hide content

I know how you feel, I feel like places either aren't quite nice enough or are just too expensive Smiley sad

I wasn't sure about a hotel as I loved the barn venues but they are silly money (redhouse barn isn't too far from me, but £5000 just to hire with no food or anything! crazy money). I am looking at the botanical gardens soon, have you considered there? The brochure I had from them implied they were not so cheap (not ridiculous either though so may be ok for me) but ive also seen them listed on an inexpensive wedding venues site so it might be quite adaptable depending on what you want.

Schwelly mentioned Alveston Manor, its in Stratford and actually for a hotel venue I think it looks really nice in the pics and not like a typical hotel venue so I might look there too.

Weekdays would probably make it a lot cheaper for you, are you able to be flexible? Unfortunately I feel like I can't (my sister is a teacher and I know it can be a big hassle to get time off. My OH doesn't like the idea of making everyone book a day off work anyway).

Edit: Have you priced up Consall Hall? It's near Stoke. Before getting engaged I eyed up that place as I love the idea of beautiful gardens. I think I did look at a brochure but I can't remember the prices now...

• Lui
    Beginner October 2015
    Lui ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married at Nettle hill in Ansty and it's converted barns!

if you haven't found anything yet you should have a look there!

they are super flexible and the grounds are beautiful! I fell in love with it straight away! I hope you find something. Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics