Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sparkley
Beginner September 2007

Help! I need 1980's fancy dress ideas!

Sparkley, 22 of January of 2009 at 20:24 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 4

I am fuuuuming!!! I have just been outbid on a black puffball dress on Ebay, I WANT IT GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Anyway, I originally wanted to go as Madonna like this:

I think she looked soooo beautiful like this.

All the long tutus on Ebay are really expensive, well, for a fancy dress outfit anyway!!

So now I want to go looking like this:

What clothing will I need?

I am vvvv competitive when it comes to fancy dress, and I want to look fabulous!!!!

Any suggestions??

xx

4 replies

Latest activity by Sparkley, 22 of January of 2009 at 21:09
  • muffins
    Beginner August 2003
    muffins ·
    • Hide content

I went to a fancy dress party with an 80's theme last weekend, some girls had bought shiny leggings from new look (under £5 from memory) they have different designs

and as long as you have ok legs they look fab, I think new look or primark are doing off the shoulder bat wing tops like the one Madonna is wearing, they also do leg warmers and primark does a whole range of cheap jewellery too which should be fine for a 80's do. False eye lashes would be good too!

• feathers
    Beginner January 2007
    feathers ·
    • Hide content

Was that not the one where she was wearing black 3/4 length leggings? Plus an off the shoulder black clingy top?

She always reminded me of Olivia Newton John in Grease when she vamped up when she wore the stuff in this picture.

Have fun and good luck with finding the stuff

• Sparkley
    Beginner September 2007
    Sparkley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooooh good idea - shiny leggings and a batwing top - I reeeeeeeeeally want a tutu though........... <stamps feet>

• L
    Dedicated November 2002
    Lizbeth ·
    • Hide content

I did this - something very similar - recently

Short leggings (just under knee), fishnets underneath, flat black pixie boot things, a grey rara skirt (about a fiver off ebay). lace gloves, masses of plastic bangles...i spent a lot in claire's accessories! i couldn't find a decent batwing or off the shoulder top anywhere so i bought a three quid men's tshirt from tesco and took a pair of scissors to it - just cut the neck out in a big v so it dropped off one shoulder, cut the bottom off so it was much shorter, cut the sleeves right down (I did buy a hayuge tshirt) - wore that over a black vest top and a bright pink bra underneath

It would have been cheap but for the stupid amount of money I spent in Claire's!

• Sparkley
    Beginner September 2007
    Sparkley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooooh great plan Lizbeth, thanks ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics