Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner April 2016

Help! I need a venue...

Soon2BeMrsG, 20 of July of 2015 at 18:43 Posted on Planning 0 7

I am desperately looking for a venue for roughly 200 guests in London, Surrey, Kent, Essex or Hertfordshire. I will basically consider anything in London and its surrounding counties.

Flexibility to bring in own caterers and drinks without a hefty corkage charge is key!

I have a big family so a small wedding is out of my hands, which is adding to the stress. Ideally we would like to cater for about 150 guests but given quotes, we struggling to afford 100 guests!

We are leaning towards a served buffet style reception, rather than silver service as we have been advised it will reduce our costs. Is this true?

In terms of cuisine, I am west indian, H2B is French so a fusion of caribbean, french and english would be great. We are open to all suggestions and recommendations. Alternatively, 'food stations' with different types of cuisine. Has anyone been to a wedding that had this or having it themselves?

My asian friend is getting catering quotes for £13 per hear but I dont want indian food. She did suggest contacting them to see if they do other cuisine which i am looking into.

We are also open to getting married out of season (March or April) and on a Friday as I have noticed with most venues that this reduces the hire cost considerably.

I absolutely love Northbrook Park which offers no corkage but we have close friends (also coming to our wedding) that got married there last year so it is a no no. I also like their sister site, Froyle Park, but they charge £6,000 for a Friday in March and £8,000 for a Friday in April!! You also have to use their recommended caterers or pay a £1500 fee to bring in your own.

I have looked at Fennes in Essex but again it is so expensive - I was quoted £8,500 dry hire for a Friday in March!!!

Any venue suggestions would be greatly appreciated ladies!

Thank you in advance

7 replies

Latest activity by bettyboohoo, 29 of July of 2015 at 14:01
  • C
    Beginner May 2016
    Chelsea2016 ·
    • Hide content

Have you looked at Bushey Country Club? Or The Grange? I think both of those allow your own caterers.

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I don't know about costing, but my SIL got married at Springfield Marquee a few years ago. Set on lovely grounds with plenty of photo opportunities like a pond/views/garden landscaping. She brought in her own caterers and there was a kitchen at one end to use and a bar. I recall them bring their own keg of beer & wines, but no idea of corkage charges. Its in north Essex.

http://www.springfieldmarquee.co.uk/

• S
    Beginner April 2016
    Soon2BeMrsG ·
    • Hide content

Thank you, I will check them out. Bushey Country Club rings a bell....

• S
    Beginner April 2016
    Soon2BeMrsG ·
    • Hide content

Thank you, will check it out

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

I can think of loads of venues in those areas. However only one that will allow own caterers and corkage.....Reid Rooms,

• MrsWallaceToBe
    Beginner August 2016
    MrsWallaceToBe ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married at Orsett Hall, Essex.

I know they allow own caterers and have a dry hire price, but not sure how much.

• S
    Beginner April 2016
    Soon2BeMrsG ·
    • Hide content

Checked out Orsett Hall but dry hire price was way outside of our budget. Thanks anyway

• B
    Beginner March 2016
    bettyboohoo ·
    • Hide content

Landmark Arts Centre in Teddington might be worth a look. We didn't go for it in the end (felt too big for us) but should be fine for 200, has a bar area and kitchen facilities set up but is dry hire. The main downside is lack of outside space.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics