Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Help - I need to find the perfect Petticoat/ Hoop!!

26 October, 2012 at 11:49 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hiya,

I really need help! My dress is below (Mori Lee 1613) - firstly what do you think? It's not what I thought I'd chose but it did look nice on although I'm still not sure if I made the right choice HOWEVER i am going ahead with this dress.

I have a problem because when I tried it on in the shop , even with a 1 hoop petticoat it still did not look as full as the picture. I know it's an elegant style and isnt meant to be huge however I do want the skirt to look full like the picture, but it just hangs rather than floats.

What do you think this girl is wearing underneath hers? I emailed Mori Lee but they could not help. Do you think a 2 hoop or 3 hoop would be better? I ordered a 2 hoop off Ebay but had to send it back because the hoops didnt feel very strong and I was scared that the dress would squash it and it would make a funny shape. No matter what shop I go to I still can't find a suitable hoop! My dress is being made and I won't get it back until May so I can't even try it with different hoops and I'm scared that I'm leaving it too late.

Have any of you had this sort of style dress and what hoop did you have?

Any help is much appreciated , honestly I'm really having a nightmare with this.

Amy xx

8 replies

Latest activity by natalieexx, 26 October, 2012 at 12:58
  • natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Just thought I'd flash you a pic of my dress so you can see what my hoop did, my dress was mostly tulle so probably a lot lighter than your dress but I had a 2 hoop aline hoop skirt as I didn't want mine to look too huge... and it still looks really big! So i think you would be absolutely fine with a 2 or 3 hoop. My hoops were really low in the skirt, although it had 2 it gave the effect of a 1 hoop skirt so maybe a 2 or 3 hoop with a distance between the hoops would be best.

My hoop skirt was from eBay and although the hoops are flimsy they are flexible so I doubt they would get squashed at all! xxx

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

That's alright wasn't sure if my rambling on was going to help or not!

Here's the link to the sellers shop http://stores.ebay.co.uk/florawedding they've got loads!

I ordered mine back in April so can't find the exact link but I think mine was similar to this one... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-HOOP-A-LINE-WEDDING-PETTICOAT-PROM-UNDERSKIRT-DOUBLE-TWO-HOOP-CRINOLINE-SKIRT-/170924016196?pt=UK_Bridal_Accessories&hash=item27cbdd8244

You could try something like this one, the hoops are a bit bigger and further apart from eachother... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-HOOP-BRIDAL-PETTICOAT-PROM-UNDERSKIRT-CRINOLINE-SLIP-/160630625470?pt=UK_Bridal_Accessories&var=&hash=item6b1bcad170

My dress has 9 layers so did poof out a bit itself so maybe to get the fullness mine had the second one would be good for you? Really good prices too, they've actually gone down since I ordered mine, I paid about £13.50 for mine I think! The bridal shop prices are rediculous though aren't they!?

xxx

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

They have the string tie waist as well which is good as the stretchy ones are uncomfortable, these you tie as tight or loose as you like! xx

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

No you can't see it, I just tied it in a bow at the front and forgot about it, the bodice of my dress was completely fitted as well and you can't see it at all!

The material is quite thin but it's a silky one, feels quite nice. The hoops were extendable or you can make them smaller if you wish, just by pulling them out or pushing them back together. They need to be flexible hoops as rigid ones can look a bit weird and aren't practical for doorways etc! Mine was perfect completely forgot it was there. They probably accept returns so you could always try one and see what you think! Maybe go back to the dress shop once you've received the hoop and try it on with the dress again to check it gives the right effect? xxx

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

That's alright Smiley smile let me know how you get on! xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics