Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner July 2013

HELP! Ideas for snacks for guests at the church!!!!

ljtomlinson1, 26 August, 2012 at 21:26 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hello

I am getting married in a church at 12.15 and the reception venue is a 40 minute drive away. I want to provide the guests with something to eat at the church to tide them over - nothing major as i also dont want to encourage people to mill about as most of the big group pictures will be taken at the reception venue. The church is mainly dear to my family and OH. I have seen ice cream/popcorn/candy floss carts but these appear to be slightly expensive! Any ideas?

My wedding is vintage war era inspired so i like the idea of the tricicles. Also we are having a sweet bar and a four tier cake so didn't really want to overkill on that type of stuff!

4 replies

Latest activity by Gemicle, 26 August, 2012 at 22:00
  • Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Hi there, if you have a look at this thread https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/333588.aspx this is what some of us are planning because we are putting transport on from ceremony to reception.

I am getting married at 1230 and hoping to be back at my reception venue for around 1500- about 40/50 minute drive from chruch.

However if we were not putting the transport on I don't think that I would be putting the extra food on, was actually talking with my mum about it last night and she said 'you know no-one will expect to be fed at church!' but do I feel like it is a nice touch- like you say to keep people going!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Oh and if you put together a 'snack pack' type thing yourself you could go for Emergency Rations or something similar to match your theme ?

• L
    Beginner July 2013
    ljtomlinson1 ·
    • Hide content

Love this idea! My mum said the same - they didnt do that when they got married! But my friends have done it and my breakfast isnt going to be until 4pm - i have also got people travelling from the south and even dubai! So dont want the travellers to get weary! Thanks for the help! I really love that idea!!!

• G
    Beginner December 2012
    Gemicle ·
    • Hide content

I really want mini bride and groom cookies/biscuits - they come in individual wrappers so could be eaten in a car/on route. but i'm half greek and my mum and nan have been trialling mini olive bread,it's semi traditional although i'm not having an orthodox ceremony. anyway i was thinking you could have mini breads/ cheesey breads if you don't want to do sweet overkill and if you don't want people hanging about you can put a little tag on it saying 'for the journey'

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics