Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J

Help! I'm being eaten alive!

Janjabean, 10 August, 2009 at 16:11 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 3

I’m suffering really badly at the moment with mozzie bites. Not only am I getting bitten more than ever before, the bites I have seem to swell massively – I had one on my forehead last week and it damn near shut my eye.

I am currently nursing about 12 of them after sitting in the garden for a little while yesterday evening. I have a couple on my feet and it’s going to be touch and go as to whether I can get my trainers on to go home!

I have Anthisan but this doesn’t really seem to help – they still itch like mad!! Is there anything I can take or spray on me that might prevent this happening? Even when I’m not in the garden the little feckers get into the house it seems and eat me when I’m asleep!

Yours truly,

Scratchy McPainful (Walthamstow) L

3 replies

Latest activity by Janjabean, 10 August, 2009 at 17:22
  • C
    Beginner June 2009
    claireac ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at this: http://www.avoidmosquitobites.com/mosquito-bite-prevention/natural-mosquito-repellents/avon-insect-repellent.asp

We took the Skin so Soft spray with us to the Dominican and didn't get a single bite. I was particularly concerned about dh, as he was going into hospital the day after we got back for an op and they said they wouldn't do it if he had any "open wounds including insect bites" due to the risk of MRSA.

Doesn't smell disgusting either!

• NeoShoegal
    NeoShoegal ·
    • Hide content

I can feel your pain! Mozzie bites on me also have a tendency to swell so badly that I can scare people with it! Luckily never had it near my eyes, my legs tend to be more popular.

Anyway, one the best things for me to put on them is Tea Tree oil, the pure stuff. It doesn't smell nice, but it makes it itch less and makes the swelling go down quicker.

• J
    Janjabean ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys - I'll be slapping tea tree oil and that avon so soft business all over me as soon as possible! Smiley smile

I go to Gran Canaria next week - this is the place I normally get bitten more than usual. Good god, I'm going to be one big swelling!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics