Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner September 2013

Help... I've gone off my dress!

kpbear, 29 of June of 2013 at 13:09 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hey everyone

I haven't posted on here before but with only 90 days to go until my wedding on 27th Sept, I've gone right off my dress ☹️

The last time I tried it on I felt a pang of doubt but I ignored that and thought I was just having a bad day. I've just been to try it on again and every doubt I had before was there plus more! The dress is satin (I never imagined having a satin dress) and the skirt is bigger than I would have gone for but I'd been trying dresses on for ages and this was by far the best one... plus my mum fell in love with it so I went with it.

Now I keep seeing other dresses I like more and just don't feel comfortable in this one.

No alterations have been made to it yet and I've paid for it in full... I haven't told the shop owner how I feel - would she be able to sell it on? Do I just have to lump it and try and sell it myself? Is there enough time to get another dress? We're really not that well off at the moment either.

Has anyone else been through this? What happened?

I just don't know what to do ?

5 replies

Latest activity by havecreditwillwed, 5 of July of 2013 at 00:04
  • tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

I think you need to weigh up the pros and cons of all your options. How much of a deposit have you paid? i would imagine you'll lose it if you don't buy the dress in full - assuming the shop allows you to back out now. There is enough time to get another but it would be tight unless you buy it off the web or something and then you'll need to factor in costs and timings for getting it altered and possibly cleaned. You're not the first this has happened to and certainly won't be the last! It also depends how important to you your wedding dress is. When I went dress shopping, I really didn't care - I didn't feel 'this is the one' at all and the prices put me off so I bought one cheaply off a lady that never wore it and found that I grew to love it so much so that, when the alterations were taking too long & there was a risk I wouldn't have it in time, I was distraught!

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

I had a bride last year that had 3 dresses? and the one she wore on her wedding day was the first dress she had bought. Just stop looking at other dresses, we are all the same, we buy something then see something better, well I know I am. Have a great day and try to relax.

Bruce

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

I think we need to see a picture of u wearing it.. Got any? x

• K
    Beginner September 2013
    kpbear ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone I just wanted to say thank you for your replies but I have now sorted the dress! The shop owner is also a seamstress - I talked to her, tried it on again and she is now 'customising' it for me! Changing the straight neckline to a sweetheart which is making a huge difference and adding some lace - I can't believe the difference!

I think I just let the stress of it all get to me, things are moving so fast now... eek!

Happy and excited again now though! Xx

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content

Glad you feel better about it - I went from thrilled to hatred and back to thrilled in the course of three appointments! As soon as the alterations started I fell back in love as it actually fitted properly :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics