Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner May 2017

Help! Late paying registrar!

DreamcatcherVN, 10 of April of 2017 at 21:01 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi,

Please give me some re-assurance! We are in the middle of paying our final balances and just going through things for our wedding next month and have just realised we haven't had any contact from the registrar (gave notice back in September and paid a deposit about a year a go). I searched through my email and found one from back in September saying the balance was to be advised and was due no later than 8 weeks before the wedding. We are now at 7 weeks ?. There is also a pack with questions we need to fill out to indicate which vows we want to use, and the email advising that this is back at least 10 weeks before. I'm having a complete meltdown as we have missed both deadlines. The office is closed so calling first thing in the morning but really worried now that they've cancelled our registrar! Feel so stupid for not making a note of the date however also a little surprised have had no reminder or even any email telling us what the balance is.

Has this happened to anyone? Please tell me it will be fine!

Thank you x

5 replies

Latest activity by MetalBride, 12 of April of 2017 at 06:59
  • 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

Oh my, I can understand why you're stressed!

Unfortunately I can't offer any real reassurance- it seems all registrar offices are different and take a different approach. I rang ours with 12 weeks to go to make an appointment to go through our vows, readings, pay etc and was told it was too soon and to phone back when there was a month to go... when I rang with six weeks to go I was told we had left it very late!

We see them today with 32 days to go- we also haven't paid yet but are assuming that's OK as they made the appointment... so don't loose hope that it will be OK.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you!

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

We only remembered to pay ours about 3 days before the due date.

I called up and apologised for it being so late and they were totally fine. They told me that people forget all the time and they usually send a chaser letter/email for confirmation.

We only sent our pack back 4 weeks before the Wedding and they were fine about that too - they just need to pop it with your file.

Did you manage to get through to them this morning?

X

• D
    Beginner May 2017
    DreamcatcherVN ·
    • Hide content

Hi, Thanks for the replies! We rang them at 9am this morning and paid and thankfully it's fine! They said they don't send reminders it's just up to us to remember to pay! Must happen a lot in that case. So we still have a registrar for our wedding. Phew!

We have nearly completed our plan to get to them asap... but now they have our money I'm sure they won't cancel lol

x

• M
    Beginner October 2017
    MrsOctober2017 ·
    • Hide content

Phew! You must be so relieved! Glad they were understanding. You've prompted my to check the details on mine... full payment is due 4 months before the ceremony date! So it's just round the corner in June. Thank you for the reminder! Xx

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

Glad it all worked out! I thought of you as we were with the registrar this afternoon!

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

I have to pay mine in May for next April, you have to pay at your giving notice appointment, must be a way to stop just people forgetting!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics