Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

TMELLON
Beginner November 2009

help! let down by hair and make-up artist

TMELLON, 27 May, 2009 at 18:52 Posted on Planning 0 9

Can anyone help - provisonally booked my hair and makeup artist a year in advance - but now they are not replying to emails or calls - I have six months to go to the big day and this part of the wedding is very important to me as I am not confident to tackle this myself!

can anyone recommend individual or company in essex area? Please help!!!!

Thanks.

T

9 replies

Latest activity by Kelly Hollands Make-up, 2 July, 2009 at 15:54
  • zoej1983
    Beginner August 2009
    zoej1983 ·
    • Hide content

I had the exact same thing happen to me and its awful, I had no contact from the woman, I tried everything but never got anywhere. All I did was got the yellow pages out and rang round, tried the internet also.

Because of being let down I did find some people tried to push me into booking with them and paying them for a trial before I even met them, so beware of that.

I found one woman who was lovely and in my price range, but when she came and did the makeup trial it wasnt what I wanted, I have green eyes and she put green eyeshadow on my eyes then green eyeliner, she didnt even put foundation or powder on my neck so I had a line round my jaw line.

I was talking to my girlfriends and it turns out one of them used to be a Virgin V makeup artist and my other friend has done makeup for a few of other weddings, I had no idea. So they are doing my makeup and im saving money as they arent charging me.

My hair was easy I asked all my friends if they knew a mobile hairdresser, I met her and she is really lovely, the best thing I found is she told me the truth. So when I put my hair up she told me it didnt suit me and made me look older and she was completly right.

All I can suggest if you dont get any joy with recomendations is call infavours, ask friends if they know anyone, if you not getting married on a Saturday you may find that the makeup artists in House of Fraser do freelance makeup. I hope I have helped in some way, unfortunatly I live in Plymouth so havent got any numbers I can offer you but hopefully with my advice you will find someone. Goodluck

Zoe

• sazelbean
    Beginner February 2010
    sazelbean ·
    • Hide content

Sorry i can't help at all but i just wanted to say don't panic!! You still have a few months - talk to your friends, get the yellow pages out, and the local paper.

Is there any way your hairdresser could just be on holiday and thats why she hasn't gotten back to you?? and do you have wedding insurance??

x

• TMELLON
    Beginner November 2009
    TMELLON ·
    • Hide content

Hi Zoe - getting married on a friday so hopefully that gives me a few more options! - A friend also said to ask at spacenk in bluewater to see if they do freelance work - also going to ask at local aveda hair/beauty salon. I will have to start hassling friends for contacts I think!

Thanks for advice.

Toni

• TMELLON
    Beginner November 2009
    TMELLON ·
    • Hide content

Hi - the guy who was supposed to be doing it does alot of media and celebrity stuff so I guess that he has cancelled my booking with something else - just wish that he would let me know. Awful thing is that he did my hair and make up as a bridesmaid for my sister and I looked fab - felt really good and just wanted this feeling on my day. All I can say is that I am happy that money had yet to exchange hands!

Toni.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Try www.scrumptiousmakeup.com .....based in Herts although worth a try....

• C
    Beginner June 2009
    claireac ·
    • Hide content

Have you got any wedding fairs coming up?? I've seen people at these - might be a good way of finding someone.

• E
    ElizabethJo ·
    • Hide content

Hi there, Firstly don't panic, you have a while yet and all will be fine. Secondly I am a qualified mobile beauty therapist and do many weddings. I offer hair up from £20 and make up (using Benefit products) at £35. I come to you on your wedding day and I also offer many other treatments that you may be interested in. For more info please e-mail me at ******.******@*******.***

• M
    Beginner July 2010
    meggles24 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

oo fab- im in herts and looking for an artist!

Im sure you have plenty of time to book one... there's loads around! do you have abudget or are you open?

• J
    Beginner December 2008
    jemm2 ·
    • Hide content

Hi ,

I am a qualified bridal makeup artist and my sister does wedding hair if you are interested. We are not in Esex ,but we travel all over .

Jemm

• Kelly Hollands Make-up
    Kelly Hollands Make-up ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I am based in Essex and fully mobile. If you would like to get in touch, my website is www.kellyhollands.co.uk and I advertise on here.

Kind regards
    Kelly

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics