Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner August 2011

Help me find a copy of this Alfred Angelo Dress!!

tressls, 28 February, 2011 at 16:16 Posted on Planning 0 4

And I will love you forever!! Hehe..
I did post a few days ago... I ordered a dress from a chinese eBay seller with about 130 positive FB, which after I looked into it seemed to be fake. I asked for photos of the dress, and the photos looked very diff to the picture (of course I know they are some differences but I wasn't happy)... anyway long story short I have spent all day getting a refund from them.
I did LOVE the AA1136 dress and found that on eBay, via asapbay on eBay.com. I may still go with that as I have been emailing 'Jenny' at asapbay who has given me the quote in £ (as it was on eBay.com so in US &dollarSmiley winking, and said for an extra £10 I can have cap sleeves put on if I like. I did ask if I could also alter it so the top was level rather than slightly sweetheart neckline as it appears to be...
Then whilst browing the real AA website I came across this dress-
which is Alfred Angelo 1645. I love it , because the bodice seems sturdy but not too fussy, the neckline is straight and the skirt of it is more ruffled whereas the 1136 is straighter, and I love the look of it so much.
Now, I need to find a trusted chinese seller that may sell a copy! I have looked on Landybridal site and can't see it, so am thinking asapbay (their eBay company) won't either. They would probably make it, and I have emailed and am waiting a reply, but I wondered if any sellers were producing this copy anyway?
I LOVE IT!!!
Thanks for reading, if you can help, please do... I am so fed of all this hassle with dresses! xxx

4 replies

Latest activity by Holly-Jayne, 1 March, 2011 at 14:14
  • T
    Beginner August 2011
    tressls ·
    • Hide content

Am having no luck... I think the people at Landybridal/asapbay must be asleep by now (no idea what tmie it is over there now!)..

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

Have you looked online for used ones?

http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-adverts.showadvert/index-1033215170/34c14f9d.html

• T
    Beginner August 2011
    tressls ·
    • Hide content

I didn't think of PreLoved actually! Still too much though, apparantly I think the real ones are less than £400 new?

Anyway... asapbay said they can/have/will copy it and add sparkled and sleeves/straps if I wish.. it's a risk but I will take it... will update you! x

• Holly-Jayne
    Beginner August 2012
    Holly-Jayne ·
    • Hide content

Hi tressls - just found this one on preloved for £250 its a size 12 but due to the style of the dress it will fit from a 10-14

https://www.preloved.co.uk/classifieds/marriage/wedding-clothes-bridal-wear?archivedAdvert=true

hope this helps!

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics