Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ali_G
Beginner October 2012

HELP ME!!! Tickly scratchy cough.

Ali_G, 18 of September of 2014 at 09:00 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 11

I am the walking dead today. Got very little sleep last night because I was up most of the night coughing my guts up. I remember the days when a cold used to consist of a sniffly nose for a week. Now I get a bloody cough for a month!

Anyway, I tried night nurse, but it gives me a really bad belly. Covonia doesn't work. Warm milk and honey works for about 10 minutes.

There's got to be something out there that works for a cough?!

The only time I wasn't coughing was when I was laying on my stomach with my head in my pillows. But then I couldn't breathe...

*sigh*

11 replies

Latest activity by Erin8, 19 of September of 2014 at 19:20
  • H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried lemsip cold and flu tablets?

How about iprobrufen, and in bed prop yourself up a bit with plenty of pillows.

Get well soon :-)

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yup. They don't work either. Hurrumph!!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Robitussin, or anything with dextromethorphan in it. It's a cough suppressor.

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

Just watched This Morning - apparently rubbing goose fat on your chest and throat can help soothe soreness! Yum!

• JellyBellyBride
    Beginner December 2014
    JellyBellyBride ·
    • Hide content

No advice, but you've just reminded me I need to get cough medicine for the daughter! Hope you feel better soon, it's the most annoying thing especially when it affects your sleep.

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Maybe not ideal for using throughout the day but the bloke I work with has a persistant tickly cough that noones got to the bottom off and someone suggested he try this ginger liqueur - I cant remember what it was called, I thought maybe it was 'The Kings Ginger' but not 100% cus I thought it also had lemon in it and I dont think Kings Ginger does...though it might work in a similar way...and a tiny sip of that just settled it right down (temporarily, but longer than 10 mins!) It tasted really nice too, and can be turned into nommy cocktails for when your better

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Stupid as it sounds:Victory V's. I am the queen of the tickly annoying cough and they work for me.

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This has worked a TREAT! Thanks Footlong.

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What on earth are Victory V's?

• *Teabag*
    Beginner June 2013
    *Teabag* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I need to get some of this! I have been working from home for the last two days as I can't stop coughing. I have resorted to eating spoonfuls of honey and even that hasn't worked. I'll probably end up with no teeth if this goes on for much longer.

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Maybe they are a northern thing?! They are liquorice flavour sweets with an odd texture. Here is the wiki lowdown: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victory_V

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics