Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Help me with my come dine with me........

8 November, 2010 at 12:22 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 7

We have decided to do a come dine with me with my friend and her husband.

The 4 of us put 2 theme ideas each into a hat and had to pick out 2.

I got French and Thai...... the 2 I didnt want!

I can do either theme or mix and match. I have a budget of £30 exc alcohol for 4 people and it has to be 2 courses. Either starter and main or maion dessert, doesnt matter.

Any Ideas?

Think I may be swayed more towards french?

7 replies

Latest activity by Naboo, 8 November, 2010 at 14:31
  • Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Well, my absolute favourite 'French' meal is Moules with white wine, garlic and cream *drools over computer keyboard*, but I know that is not to everyone's taste. If you like that idea though, let me know as I do have a recipe at home.

Also have a really nice Thai chicken with lime and coconut recipe which is delicious. You serve it with rice. Take your fancy???

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

FRENCH: Onion soup with cheese croutons (yummers) https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/frenchonionsoupwithg_7922 then steak with frites (that's chips to you and I!) ha or duck a l'orange (not a fan of the latter). Boeuf bourguignon (lush) with mash?

THAI: fishcakes to start - dead easy and yum https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/thai-fishcakes/

Penang or mussaman curry for main ?

Penang: get the solid cream out of a can of coconut milk. Pop it in a hot pan until it turns to oil. Add a big dollop of red curry paste. Add the chicken until lightly cooked. Add the rest of the can of coconut milk. Bring to the boil. Add soy sauce, fish sauce and chopped kaffir lime leaves to taste. Make sure chicken is cooked and voila! You can also add chopped baby corn and snow peas if you want. Serve with Thai fragrant rice.

Mussaman - warning - this isn't an easy recipe and very fiddly but it tastes AMAZING.

/pages/thai-massaman-curry-recipe

• Tillybean
    Tillybean ·
    • Hide content

Recipes for all of the above please. I need new things up my sleeve and am bored with all my current favourites.

• spikeygoodness
    Beginner
    spikeygoodness ·
    • Hide content

I have a good recipe for mussels in coconut milk and thai herbs, is really easy (once you've got past the de-bearding faff) and utterly nommy. nomnomnom.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
  • Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

I like spangles recipe ideas but I do love a Thai curry, If you didnt fancy doing a curry this jamie oliver thai sea bass thing is really nice and dinner party friendly in the prep as well

/recipes/fish/steamed-thai-style-sea-bass-and-rice/

if you are doing thai dessert I would go for mango sticky rice, it is amazing mmm will go and see if i can find the recipe i use online

found it, it is a tad fiddly but out af the recipes I tries is the only one that comes close what we had in thailand

https://www.realthairecipes.com/recipes/mango-with-sticky-rice/

I use cornflower instead of the tapioca starch and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and instead of a special rice steamer I just use my normal steamer and whack the stuff in the rice bowl that came with it

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics