Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Penny P
Beginner March 2014

Help me with my table centrepieces!

Penny P, 5 of November of 2013 at 11:22 Posted on Planning 0 4

Now that the venue has finally been sorted I need to think about decoration of the function room. We'll be having 6 round tables with between 8 - 10 people per table. I have available to use for free fishbowl vases and mirrors for them to sit on but I'm stuck! What else can I do? I don't want to use tonnes of flowers so filling each fishbowl with flowers isn't an option. The tables will have white cloths and the chairs white covers.

I've been scanning Google but can't seem to find anything that catches my eye. Please flash me some inspiration. (no fish please!?)

This is the function room, pretty neutral.

4 replies

Latest activity by Penny P, 5 of November of 2013 at 14:10
  • miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

Here are a few from Pinterest...

A couple obviously have flowers in but not in a large quantity so you wouldn't need to buy too many ;-)

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

Floating candles or what about gel balls? or even fairy lights, short length ones that work off batteries.

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

Fairy lights would look wicked. Now is a good time to get them, what with all the Christmas decorations out in the shops - ASDA do the battery ones really cheap, I got some for £2.50! Could you fill each bowl with a bunch of them? The light would reflect off the glass and the mirror plates. It would be so simple but would literally light the tables.

• SnazzyTrousers
    Beginner May 2024
    SnazzyTrousers ·
    • Hide content

Hi Penny

That's fantastic you get the fish bowls for free - save you a ton Smiley smile

We have champagne sequin table runners for hire - might be a nice backdrop to set the bowls off - especially if you do floating candles!

SnazzyTrousers

xx

• Penny P
    Beginner March 2014
    Penny P ·
    • Hide content

SnazzyTrousers - in your experience do the fish bowls hold up ok with candles in them? I'm worried about the glass breaking!? I just saw this online and I love it but as the candle melts the flame would be inside the bowl, would it be ok?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics