Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Beginner June 2016

Help - Modern/instrumental wedding music

*SoonToBeMrsC*, 11 of June of 2015 at 09:31 Posted on Planning 0 4

I am trying to find the right tone for the wedding ceremony music. We are having a civil ceremony and I quite like the idea of having modern music in played in a classical way. I was talking to a guitarist at the weekend and he played some modern songs which sounded absolutely beautiful (Use Somebody - Kings of Leon, All of Me - John Legend, 1000 Years - Christina Perri) HOWEVER... hubby to be doesn't want to pay for someone to play 'background music' when our venue has a very good sound system...

I have been searching for songs on iTunes and downloaded a number of songs by pianists, but I feel like I am running the risk of sounding too cheesy....can anyone recommend an album or musician's songs I can download??

Thanks in Advance!

4 replies

Latest activity by *J9*, 12 of June of 2015 at 13:24
  • Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

Check out Vitamin String Quartet, they cover a lot of modern music in a classical style. We are having their version of Sky Full of Stars for my entrance.

• F
    Beginner September 2015
    Fairycake135 ·
    • Hide content

I quite like The Piano Guys, some of their covers are really good.

• M
    Dedicated February 2022
    martinkab@hotmail.com ·
    • Hide content

I've booked a fantastic musician called Simon Jordan, who plays anything. He's put a list of music other brides have chosen on his website http://pianistwedding.co.uk/what-other-people-chose/ which may be of use to you. He played at my sister's wedding and was EXCELLENT.

• M
    mangomusic ·
    • Hide content

You can also see a selection of musicians that could not only play the ceremony music but also provide live background music for your drinks reception or meal Smiley smile

Check some of them out here www.mango-music.co.uk

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I second this. I had a Piano Guys cover of A Thousand Years to walk down the aisle.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics