Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2015

Help - Mother of the Bride Outfit

lamurphy27, 25 of June of 2015 at 10:36 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi!

I would be very grateful for any recommendations for places to shop for an outfit for my mum for my upcoming wedding in September. Choosing my own dress was a breeze in comparison to finding an outfit that my mum is happy with :-).

We live in Cardiff so would appreciate any recommendations in South Wales or the South West of England.

Thanks in advance.

5 replies

Latest activity by Manda79, 26 of June of 2015 at 14:11
  • M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsWebberToBe ·
    • Hide content

My mum just bought a lovely dress and bolero from Monsoon and future MIL got hers in Jacque Vert. Good luck in your search, loads of places in Cardiff (I live near there too).

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried visiting the Personal Shoppers at House of Fraser, Debenhams or John Lewis? My Mum visited House of Fraser and Debenhams, and had a fantastic experience - so much so that she bought 2 outfits, one for daytime and one for evening.

The personal shoppers were really good, listened to what she did and didn't want, and brought her things which fitted her wants but also brought things which they thought would suit her. I'd really recommend it.

• emmieloos
    Beginner August 2015
    emmieloos ·
    • Hide content

My mum bought her outfit in Cardiff from John Lewis. My brother is at uni there so we were only out in a jolly with him but there it was lol. Plus that John Lewis was mahoosive!!!!

• critter1066
    Beginner September 2015
    critter1066 ·
    • Hide content

Like you I'm getting married in September and I was dreading the motb shop as my mum had already scoured the whole of Cabot Circus in Bristol, including house of Fraser and debenhams. She was getting desperate and sending me photos of dresses that were really unsuitable and she would never normally touch with a barge pole. We went to John Lewis at The Mall for when it opened and it was really quiet. My mum is quite hard to buy for and we picked out three great outfits, one of which was perfect and she's really pleased with. They had lots of suitable dresses and little jackets and shawls. She also got her jewellery and fascinator from JL.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

My mum just got hers at Debenhams. She saw loads of dresses she liked so it was pretty easy!

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    Manda79 ·
    • Hide content

My mum is a nightmare but she got hers from Roman originals. Great price too

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics