Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner July 2012

HELP My wedding dress is too short!!

katiejm1989, 19 March, 2012 at 23:58 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hello, i am fairly new to this so you will have to bear with me....

My budget is fairly miniscule so i decided to look on ebay for my dress, i fell in love with a gorgeous new wedding dress that somebody was selling and got it for a bargain price.

Its strapless ivory aline dress, with detailing on the bodice and a ruffled sash on the front under the bust, the skirt is plain. zip at the side and corset back. Only problem is its about an inch too short - and that would be with flat shoes. I love the detailing on the bodice, in fact i love the whole dress and as i got it for such a bargain was thinking of getting it altered...which is my dilemma? what to do?

Do i get it shortened to tealength? or add a tulle overskirt that is longer than the dress? it would sit under the sash so wouldnt stand out?

Any advice is welcome?

6 replies

Latest activity by 3d jewellery, 20 March, 2012 at 07:40
  • 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

Hi and welcome,

Without seeing the dress its hard to advice you , but I think it be best if you took it to a dressmaker and asked her advice, she may even beable to give you a couple of options. ?

Good Luck !

L x

• K
    Beginner July 2012
    katiejm1989 ·
    • Hide content

• ButterflyChild
    Beginner May 2013
    ButterflyChild ·
    • Hide content

Definitely take it to a dress maker!! They have millions of fantastic ways to hide things like this. Don't give up on your dress - alterations can be cheaper than you think!! Good luck with it Smiley smile

• sugarbox
    Beginner December 2012
    sugarbox ·
    • Hide content

I think it's ok to get it shortrned to tealength ,you can ask the tailors.Good luck for you .

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

Wow, those are two very different options!

Adding tulle is something I'm doing to my dress, and something my seamstress has done before, but not to hide length, so it's definitely something do-able.

I also think you need to get yourself to a dressmaker to talk to someone.

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Yes see a dressmaker, they may be able to lenthen it from the waist seam and hide it inder the sash if that is possible.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics