Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2013

Help my wedding dress isn't in!!

Lindsaylou81, 20 of August of 2013 at 23:28 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi girls i was just looking for some advice about my dress. I ordered my dress 16 months ago from a store in Glasgow and I am due to get married 2 weeks on Saturday but still no dress!

I have phoned them loads and they keep saying not to worry and that it will be in soon. When I ordered my dress I was told it would be in 6 weeks before the wedding and as I am coming from over an hour away to get alterations and need to get time off work I thought that would be fine.

I have booked my alterations through the store and they won't even give me an appointment so that I can book time off work. I don't want to overreact if its nothing to worry about but as they say 6 weeks and its now 2 weeks I'm starting to freak out!! Help!!

8 replies

Latest activity by *J9*, 21 of August of 2013 at 14:44
  • Bookish
    Beginner August 2014
    Bookish ·
    • Hide content

I'd be fuming. Can you ask them if they've got a tracking number or contact the designer directly to make sure that it has been dispatched? I'd say go to the shop and refuse to leave until you knew exactly what was happening but it's difficult with the shop being so far away.

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

I think you are either going to have to have an extremely irate phone call with them or go there in person. Do they know it's only two weeks til your wedding?

• Aardvark
    Beginner January 2012
    Aardvark ·
    • Hide content

Can you call the designer direct???

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly this.

If it hasn't come in by the weekend go to the shop on Saturday and sit there until they give you an answer or a tracking number or something.

Alterations can be done in a day (although understandably you wouldn't wan to leave it that late). Try as much as you can not to worry.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Keep us posted!

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

I would go in on Saturday and demand some answers. They can fob you off over the phone, but when you are there in person, on they're busiest day, it won't be so easy for them.

Their service has been disgraceful, and they need to know this x x

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

You're not overreacting. Go to the shop on Saturday and don't leave until you have a satisfactory answer.

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content

This is the second post I've seen about late arrivals of wedding dresses - I wonder if its the same designer?!?

Anyway I would go down to the bridal shop & get them to call the designer on speaker phone - get it bottomed out in person they can fob you off on the phone

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

My advice is no different to the above but just wanted to say I hope you manage to get it sorted.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics